Sonic Electronix

yteah on the pass side most caddys you can drill a hole high in the floor like practicley the firewall and it will go right near the batt or you can just go through the hood release i hate caddys lol

Greg,
Triple C Auto Niagara Falls NY

Under construction
2002 Chevy Suburban

pioneer 8000NEX

3 Sets of ARC Audio 6000 components in custom front doors

2 Powerbass midrange in center council

4 Super tweets

2 Focal 900.6 6 channels

4 American Bass VFL Comp 15's (currently running 2)

DC 12.0k

DC Power dual alt bracket

2 XS Power D3400's under the hood

3 C&D technologies 110ah in rear

along with multiple runs of 0 AWG OFC

I don't know what year model caddy you have.. I have a 94 Sedan Deville though. I went through passenger side floor board, because the battery was mounted on the passenger side of the car.. 14 foot run to the trunk. Wasn't too terribly bad.

I got the 93 fleetwood

Edited by Velvetdreams21

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

Ok all I need is confirmation that drilling right below those wires (cant go above) in the pic would be safe with no chance of hitting any other wires or electronic anything.

Anyone confirm?

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Worst place to drill at is near wires on the harness, dont believe me try it and find out what happens when you hit some. Many hours reattaching them, been there and done that when a friend did that prior to a trip to the north for a weekend.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Worst place to drill at is near wires on the harness, dont believe me try it and find out what happens when you hit some. Many hours reattaching them, been there and done that when a friend did that prior to a trip to the north for a weekend.

Oh I believe you, Id much rather hear the warnings and heed them than fuck it up and be furious cause I cant fix the problem.

I just dont seem to have many options is all, for instance the farther down I go from the wires the more the area folds outwards making it a much thicker area to drill through. I cant go above or to one of the sides cause I have no room and that seems to be the thinnest area is within an inch or two of the wires.

What do you think would be a safe distance from those wires?

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Spend the time going inside and outside checking where there won't be anything in the way when you do decide to drill through, don't be afraid to go to the passenger side if need be and another thing to consider is using the right size for the grommet and not the wire.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

:rofl:

Spend the time going inside and outside checking where there won't be anything in the way when you do decide to drill through, don't be afraid to go to the passenger side if need be and another thing to consider is using the right size for the grommet and not the wire.

Everything is already on the passenger side. I didnt even think about getting grommets cause on past vehicles I sliced open ones that were already there and slide it through so Im calling walmart right now to see if they carry any but chances are Ill need to wait till tomorrow and try menards or radioshack or something. If I cant find any anywhere could I use electrical tape for now (just to cover the sharp edges) until I get some ordered off the net somewhere?

Jensen UV10 DVD HU