Which Headunit do you prefer?

Take Your Pick  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which Deck do you prefer?

• Alpine CDA-117
    • Kenwood KDC BT945U
    • JVC KD R900

i like the look of the alpine, the kenwood doesnt blend right with that big ass kenwood sign in the middle of the button

i vote alpine, if the kenwood would have changed a few details ied get it, but its between the kenwood n alpine for me

that jvc looks like shit imo, no offence on jvc ppl, ive ran a couple of there decks befor n loved em but that one just aint my cup of tea

i vote alpine mang, unless the kenwood has move audio adjustments

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

this looks really cool, ied get it

http://www.woofersetc.com/p8678/MVHP8200BT--Pioneer-3"-InDash-Multimedia-Receiver-w--SD-Card-Slot-USB-Control-Builtin-Bluetooth.htm

not that high of preamp outputs but could fix that with an eq i guess i unno

looks like for the money you could get atleast 4v preouts

front usb kills that pioneer, 2v 4v dont matter i dont run crap amps neither does the wife :)

i love the look of the pioneer but as said before i dont like front inputs, i dont want cords hanging all over the place

also to others at least tell why ya voted for what ya did and why not the others...did you prefer processing, looks, does it have features that the others dont?

Ive thoroughly been through all 3 decks and had hands on with all three, just curious as to what others think of each one and why they dont or do like them....

i havent got to use an ipod on the new alpine but it sucks on the jvc lol, i mean it works fine just flipping through tracks sucks. and the remote is a little to small and simplistic.

Alpine the remotes are decent and ipods just ok on the past ones, but ive heard improvements on that interface. I know that the unit doesnt have all the tuning capabilities of a 9887 but dont mind that, but no bluetooth included kinda makes the kenwood imo a more feature packed unit then this one.

Kenwood, i dunno i like it the most of the three but i cannot shake the issues i had with my old dmask units in the past, and hope that they are far past the having to press the reset button constantly.

anyhow leave your coherent thoughts

i like the look of the alpine, the kenwood doesnt blend right with that big ass kenwood sign in the middle of the button

i vote alpine, if the kenwood would have changed a few details ied get it, but its between the kenwood n alpine for me

that jvc looks like shit imo, no offence on jvc ppl, ive ran a couple of there decks befor n loved em but that one just aint my cup of tea

i vote alpine mang, unless the kenwood has move audio adjustments

lol the JVC doesnt look as good to me personally also, has the least audio adjustments of the three but has bluetooth where as id be buying bluetooth adapter for the alpine.

I've always sat and wondered why JVC no longer has a headunit even in thier arsenal line that has time alignment and crossover settings like the older arsenal 8500's did. seems they stripped tuning for ipod compatibility

ive never been a JVC fan...none of there units has ever interested me...to be honest, I thought the same about kenwood until recently. I finally bought one and Im likin it so far. Has alot of adjustments and is Ipod ready. Id vote kenwood man

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

How bout this new Alpine deck that just got released. It has a better display screen than the cda-117, but doesnt have Media Xpander features. Also doesnt have the 4 volt preout like the cda-117 unless imprint's in da picture.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ida-x305s

2003 Mercury Marauder Black (R.I.P)

Tinted Windows

Purple HID's 10000K

Fog Light HID's 10000K

Swi Jack Steering Wheel Controls

Apple I-Pod Classic 80GB

Alpine KCE-422i Full Speed I-Pod Cable

Alpine IVA-W203/P1 Navigation/Bluetooth

Alpine PKG-M780 7' Headrest Screens

Alpine PXA-H701 Sound Processor

Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp

Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Power Amp

2 Kicker L7 15' Solo Barics

Alpine Type R SPR-17S Component's

Alpine Type R SPR-57C Coaxial's

Monster Performance RCA's

0/2 Gauge Wires

BIG III W/Fuse

200 Amps Custom Built Alternator

Yellow Cap Optima Battery Front

Xstatic Batcap 800 Back

Custom Mounted Bass Knob

LED's 2x License & Trunk Light

BoYo VTK-350 Color Backup Camera

Dynamat Xtreme Front Doors & Rear Deck

Clifford Matrix 50.7X Alarm System/Remote Start

btw ive already bought one of them, i just would like to see where everyones heads are nowadays in the HU market...are looks more important then features? or is a name still good enough?

How bout this new Alpine deck that just got released. It has a better display screen than the cda-117, but doesnt have Media Xpander features. Also doesnt have the 4 volt preout like the cda-117 unless imprint's in da picture.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ida-x305s

305s is just a 305 with pandora support lol that deck sucks to use, went out of town in a vehicle with one and it sucked balls

Ive used

Kenwood xxv-01d. Great deck dont like the display one bit. Has so many features I honestly couldnt use them all.

Clarion 8675. My all time favorite deck pre ipod support though and clarions new lineups do nothign for me.

JVC doesnt that stand for junk very cheap? lol I dont like any of them that Ive used. Although their new high end units look nice

waiting to play with.

Alpine 9887 . dont like the fact that they have ten modules to do different things. blue tooth etc.

Eclipse 8454. picked it up cheap. janky ipod support etc but cant beat it for ahead unit.

I cant stand anything pioneer. Cant get over the head unit ground noise and having to ground the head unit stuff. you know its an issue fix the shit.

If I had to pick up a new head unit it would either be another high end kenwood or alpine.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

my 860 doesnt have any rca noise at all, but my 680 does now but i fixed it, i wonder why my 860 is older than the 680 and still doesnt have any ground loop noise?

but ya, everyones runnin alpine now n ive had a few of there older ones n they was lil power houses lol

but why has sony went down hill so damn fast? i miss there old cdplayers like that one that has a hd in the faceplate or the one that u can load ur own cds on it n just go threw the songs like it was an ipod

anyways i just like how that alpine looks n features n what knot

but i do think that they need to make one add on box that does everything, i kno companies can but i dnt think they want to, they want to milk ppl for all there worth so they have about 12 lil metal boxs under there seats n shit for no reason

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

alpines looked the same ALWAYS, they are the laziest company out there when it comes to product innovation, i feel like they lost hold of what people want in a deck...and thats not to buy every feature added on

Archived