Sonic Electronix

Ok to start off I'm not trying to be a dick when saying this. You don't even have a car. You don't want much weight but you want 2 15's...you'll have over 500lbs on subs, amps, batteries, and box. Just a thought, instead of buying a small nissan car, buy an SUV and not worry about speed. You won't gain anything from upgrading the turbo etc, etc. you'll be lucky to get it back to stock performance with all the stereo equip. But get a car you want, decide if you want speed or bass. You wont get both. But Good Luck with the build.

it is a nissan motor but not what came in the 240sx. the sr20det was in the sylvia and the 180sx, the 240 had the ka24e. now he said hes getting the hatch so im assuming its the LE trim which had a little bit more upgrades and featured the dohc ka24de, which only produced a little over 150horses at the crank.

i dont mean to rain on anyones parade, but i think the 240 is a horrible choice if you want something fast...especially if the motor remains stock. and the wall will DEFINITELY weigh it down for a noticable difference in speed, acceleration, and horsepower per lb. i wouldnt reccomend doing a wall, but thats my personal opinion. and the motor in the 240 should be swapped out for the CA18det.

and on a side note, its almost impossible to assume how loud (db level) a cars system is going to be based off of a wishlist. and also remember that db levels are exponential, 140 to 141 dbs is not a very noticeable difference, since its said 10db is required for human ears to register sound levels but nonetheless...

i would swap the sr20 in it. 205hp stock :P but yeah. im not so sure on the wall either, as it was just a thought... ive been thinking just one 18 btl fully loaded. 1 hc2400 and 1 hc2400 up front. everything installed right (not shitty) and yeah. you think 1 18 would be loud? no wall, just a sub up port back type of deal. especially in a hatch it could get nasty, but yeah. im still brain storming, i just want it to be louder then the average persons setup but still not too much, just a little hair trick here and there :P

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Ok to start off I'm not trying to be a dick when saying this. You don't even have a car. You don't want much weight but you want 2 15's...you'll have over 500lbs on subs, amps, batteries, and box. Just a thought, instead of buying a small nissan car, buy an SUV and not worry about speed. You won't gain anything from upgrading the turbo etc, etc. you'll be lucky to get it back to stock performance with all the stereo equip. But get a car you want, decide if you want speed or bass. You wont get both. But Good Luck with the build.

i hate suvs lol. ive been thinking enjoy the car for about 6 months and drive the crap out of it then when i get bored with it ill do the wall or just one 18.

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

it is a nissan motor but not what came in the 240sx. the sr20det was in the sylvia and the 180sx, the 240 had the ka24e. now he said hes getting the hatch so im assuming its the LE trim which had a little bit more upgrades and featured the dohc ka24de, which only produced a little over 150horses at the crank.

i dont mean to rain on anyones parade, but i think the 240 is a horrible choice if you want something fast...especially if the motor remains stock. and the wall will DEFINITELY weigh it down for a noticable difference in speed, acceleration, and horsepower per lb. i wouldnt reccomend doing a wall, but thats my personal opinion. and the motor in the 240 should be swapped out for the CA18det.

and on a side note, its almost impossible to assume how loud (db level) a cars system is going to be based off of a wishlist. and also remember that db levels are exponential, 140 to 141 dbs is not a very noticeable difference, since its said 10db is required for human ears to register sound levels but nonetheless...

CAs are heavy as hell too arent they? A guy I know is putting an turbo RB series engine in his S13 vert. 240s dont shine so much as a straight line fast car but rather as a handling or drift car. For any type of AutoX that much weight or too much power is going to kill the usefulness of it. You dont need 500 hp in a 240 though it is easy to reach with an sr20dt.

If you want to shove a gigantic system into something that isnt worth making fast in the first place.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

subs up, port up with port firing off the window sounds the best in a hatch... it doesnt meter as loud, but it doesnt rattle hardly at all ... honestly, if you are trying not to weigh the car down, put some generic 12s in it with some 4g power wire and call it a day, its expensive and hard to have your car fast, loud, and light..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

subs up, port up with port firing off the window sounds the best in a hatch... it doesnt meter as loud, but it doesnt rattle hardly at all ... honestly, if you are trying not to weigh the car down, put some generic 12s in it with some 4g power wire and call it a day, its expensive and hard to have your car fast, loud, and light..

so your saying sub up port up? i could care less about rattling lol. i alwasy though sub up port back was louder? im just gonna go with the 18 and when i get tired of it ill do the wall :D honost opion though you think a 18 in a hatch would do a hair trick?

1j1450.png

It will be pretty hard, but ive tried subs up port back and subs up port up, I got a hatch as well, and it sounded, and felt louder with both up, but meter wise, subs up port back was louder.. and a hair trick, might be kinda hard, but you should be able to do a little one

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

It will be pretty hard, but ive tried subs up port back and subs up port up, I got a hatch as well, and it sounded, and felt louder with both up, but meter wise, subs up port back was louder.. and a hair trick, might be kinda hard, but you should be able to do a little one

alright thanks bro. and ive seen your build holy shit dude. thats crazy i love it :P i just thought i could do a hair trick since its a hatch and id tune maybe to even 30hz or 29hz.

1j1450.png

Archived