Sonic Electronix

so how loud you guys think a 18 fi btl fully loaded off a fosgate 2500.1 amp will be in a 2 door hatch? no wall and idk how many cuft yet, but i know its gonna be tuned in the low 30's. FLEX FTW!! but yeah. big 3, 220amp alt, lots of mids and highs, like 2 runs of 0 gauge. 1 hc2400 up front, 1 in back. whatcha guys think? i want it to be loud. i know people hit like 146-147 in suvs, what about in a hatch?? :P

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

im gonna say.. 147-149, you tune lower, harder it is to hit the 150 mark, unless you got a completely insane setup..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Like I said before. It all comes down to install. I just see you having issues making an 18 fit in the hatch area of a 240. Theyre quite small.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

You can't get the best of everything, tune it that low, it won't be super loud, but it will play very low and move lots of air. Tune it higher (38-42) it will pump out the numbers (assuming it's a good box), but not hit low. If your mates and whoever else you want to be louder than (you did say you anted to impress people?) has cheap stuff, tune to whatever you want (within reason), an 18" will beat any cheap stuff (good box provided). Personally I'd suggest 35hz, nice in the middle figure, plays low, and hit well too.

Be warned though, my 8cube box for my 18" was tuned to 38hz, but you would think it was tuned to ~32hz. The car also plays a part in the tuning...

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Like I said before. It all comes down to install. I just see you having issues making an 18 fit in the hatch area of a 240. Theyre quite small.

im gutting out the whole rear. seats and everything. theres more then enough space lol

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

You can't get the best of everything, tune it that low, it won't be super loud, but it will play very low and move lots of air. Tune it higher (38-42) it will pump out the numbers (assuming it's a good box), but not hit low. If your mates and whoever else you want to be louder than (you did say you anted to impress people?) has cheap stuff, tune to whatever you want (within reason), an 18" will beat any cheap stuff (good box provided). Personally I'd suggest 35hz, nice in the middle figure, plays low, and hit well too.

Be warned though, my 8cube box for my 18" was tuned to 38hz, but you would think it was tuned to ~32hz. The car also plays a part in the tuning...

i might do 34hz no lower then that though. and yeah i wanna impress people. i already have a 12 fi btl and its pretty loud. i was thinking hooking up the 18 and fit the btl 12 in there as well. whatcha guys think? itd be louder correct? id have the 18 facing up and the port too and the 12 facing up and the port too.

1j1450.png

If youre concerned with weight why the hell are you walling the car? Hahaha.

I mean my box and one 15 noticeably makes my rear sag and i can notice a decrease in acceleration. Youll definitely notice it since 240s are really that powerful stock.

And no one can really tell you how loud it will be. If you do a shitty install it wont be very loud but if its done well you could be into the 150s.

KA24E's only make ~140HP at the crankshaft stock, fyi.

Don't want it to be slow while having a wall? Chuck a SR20 into it. :yahoo:

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

KA24E's only make ~140HP at the crankshaft stock, fyi.

Don't want it to be slow while having a wall? Chuck a SR20 into it. :yahoo:

thtats what im planning lol

1j1450.png

i might do 34hz no lower then that though. and yeah i wanna impress people. i already have a 12 fi btl and its pretty loud. i was thinking hooking up the 18 and fit the btl 12 in there as well. whatcha guys think? itd be louder correct? id have the 18 facing up and the port too and the 12 facing up and the port too.

mixing subs=bad. you can lose dBs that way. just di the 18". put the 12" in your house or something, use in for the computer.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Or or or. I have an idea. Just throw a lot of power at the BTL 12 and be happy with the space and weight saved.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

Archived