s-blazer bag setup opinions

we gotta cut the floor before anything

yeah i know right. I've been doing some figuring and i can get my ten cu.ft. of useable air space without having to go past my window line or past the back seat. The seat is still gonna come out so i can put my amps and crossovers there. Idk what the fuck to do with batterys yet though. Any ideas?

DSBP_blue.jpg

parton226

I would put the batts right in front of the box then build a battery box of some sort and do something crazy with the amps.

yeah i was thinking about suspending the amps, but idk yet. and a batt box in front of the box would probably work well since im only running two.

DSBP_blue.jpg

parton226

• 2 weeks later...

look into a bag on the bars set-up . put the bags on the outside of the frame . go with a wishbone set-up or a watts link . with the wishbone , you can have it on one side instead of the middle , kinda hard to explain , so the wishbone is not centered over the drive shaft . in my opinion , bags mounted behind the axle suck cause of limited lift and you have to go with 6" bags cause of the gas tank . now if you were to ditch the tank and use a fuel cell , go with a all reverse 4-link from Cando Specialties !! they are pretty sick and have good lift and will enable you to run bigger bags (Re8's , dom 2600, etc..)and to those who think that reverse link setups are not good don't know how to set them up right with the correct pinion angles ......

look into a bag on the bars set-up . put the bags on the outside of the frame . go with a wishbone set-up or a watts link . with the wishbone , you can have it on one side instead of the middle , kinda hard to explain , so the wishbone is not centered over the drive shaft . in my opinion , bags mounted behind the axle suck cause of limited lift and you have to go with 6" bags cause of the gas tank . now if you were to ditch the tank and use a fuel cell , go with a all reverse 4-link from Cando Specialties !! they are pretty sick and have good lift and will enable you to run bigger bags (Re8's , dom 2600, etc..)and to those who think that reverse link setups are not good don't know how to set them up right with the correct pinion angles ......

ill look into that thanks bro :good:

DSBP_blue.jpg

parton226

• 2 weeks later...

a good bag setup will hold a lot of weight, more than you will put in there. You run into issues with the gas tank being in the way if you want a triangulated 4 link or if you want it to lay all the way out so look into suicide doors setup, they have the S-Series rides down to a science. A 3 link with bags on the bars or a 2 link bag on bars with a watts link would be good to look into.

What are your expectations with this? what size wheels and how low do you want to lay out? The bags have to be done before the wall cause you will end up tubing your floor and wheel wells in the back if you want it low on anything bigger than 18's or 20's.

as far as the gas tank being in the way , you must be thinking of the s-10 trucks , where the tank runs along the frame . blazers have the tank behind the rear axle , like a car ....

why dont you do a stock-floor bd? and idk what your goals are with lift in the rear but you could do an underslung frame that way you won't have a huge bump in the floor from the notch, just a smaller hump for the axle

Archived