Sonic Electronix

Ive done both, used bolts and just drilled a hole and ran speaker wire through. I mean either or will do. Brass is better than stainless and iirc cheaper at that, i picked some up from lowes for a few bucks and my dmm reads the same impedance.

do what ever floats your boat i guess. if there is any real dif. the bolts are more work for sure and will be more expensive (bolts, nuts, washers, ring/spade terminals) vs just wires running through.

I guess the only advantage of bolts is that it is cleaner looking, and its a more secure connection (technically anyway), and if your running high power, or something you can have a set of nuts for each coil or speaker and test them independly without removing the woofer.

just close your eyes and pick one :P

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I do bolt, washer, terminal, washer, wood, washer, nut, washer, terminal, washer, wing nut...never had a problem

Fixed, this is perfect, do this. The extra nut keeps the bolt from turning when reconnecting wires, since you won't be able to access the other side of the bolt when subs are installed. I think your worrying about shorting too much, make sure the box doesn't navigate while driving and just disconnect before moving it if your worried about it. Wings nuts are nice for that, I use plain nuts just the same because I never seem to keep wing nuts around.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Ive done both, used bolts and just drilled a hole and ran speaker wire through. I mean either or will do. Brass is better than stainless and iirc cheaper at that, i picked some up from lowes for a few bucks and my dmm reads the same impedance.

do what ever floats your boat i guess. if there is any real dif. the bolts are more work for sure and will be more expensive (bolts, nuts, washers, ring/spade terminals) vs just wires running through.

I guess the only advantage of bolts is that it is cleaner looking, and its a more secure connection (technically anyway), and if your running high power, or something you can have a set of nuts for each coil or speaker and test them independly without removing the woofer.

just close your eyes and pick one :P

Thanks for the post and yeah i realize im making a little too much out of it, but hey i look at it like someone else is going to think about it, and they can just look at this topic.

I think im going to route of the wing nut bolt since if i ever sell the box, people will not be too confused on the small holes.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

see how i did it here??

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa295/stclairriverblaster/car%20audio/?action=view&current=M4V01085.flv

those wires inbetween wire the voice coils together.

dont mind the mess on the battery.. locations arent finalized

Edited by chewie

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

see how i did it here??

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa295/stclairriverblaster/car%20audio/?action=view&current=M4V01085.flv

those wires inbetween wire the voice coils together.

dont mind the mess on the battery.. locations arent finalized

That looks crazy i dont think im gonna do something like that but its interesting.

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

why not?

its really easy and straight forward.

one set of bolts is the input for one sub.. and the other is for the other sub..

right there each sub is wired to one ohm in the box. then wired in series via the bolts. for a final 2 ohm load for the amp..

if i were to move the two wires to wire in parralell i now have a .5 ohm load for comp use ( if the amp was stable at .5

long story short. buy bolts according to how many subs you have.. two per sub..

for each bolt buy this.. two lock nuts three washers (two big one little)*big ones contact box and little goes between terminal and wing nut* and one wing nut..

makes connection a ton easier

Edited by chewie

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

Thanks for the post and yeah i realize im making a little too much out of it, but hey i look at it like someone else is going to think about it, and they can just look at this topic.

I think im going to route of the wing nut bolt since if i ever sell the box, people will not be too confused on the small holes.

Hey man no worries better to over think things ten times and figure it all out than to do something on impulse and find out you dont like it, or you run into problems :P

its all good, P4killer

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Yeah i only been in car audio for a year and now hooked, but i definately always double check almost everthing with the forum to get the best possible advice that all are using. Sometimes its something small but sometimes a little more complicated. Ive already done 2 ported boxes and hoping this one gives me the best results got the design from a smd forum member. Thanks all for the posts.