Sonic Electronix

Elecrical tape? Trust me you don't have to worry about that just get a nice bolt and 2 washers

Most of the "stainless" bolts you will find are not the real deal. An easy way to check is with a magnet, real stainless will have little to no Gauss effect(with a magnetic field applied).

This is what I do, keeps box sealed. Doesn't add any noticable resistance.

P1010113.jpg

What do you do to protect it from a short if those bolts touch metal?

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

what size bolts did you use, and what drill bit size, if you used a drill to cut the hole?

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

Damn man. Drill a 3/8" hole, buy two 3/8 x 2 bolts and run them through. If you have a serious problem with a possibility of it touching metal, then throw some tape over it.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

or you can do it my way, and just drill 2 holes the size of the speaker wire and run it straight out the box and to the amp...simple and effective.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

or you can do it my way, and just drill 2 holes the size of the speaker wire and run it straight out the box and to the amp...simple and effective.

Hmm makes me wonder how many little extra ports you got

;)

I would do what neo_frog said.. That's how mine are.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Damn man. Drill a 3/8" hole, buy two 3/8 x 2 bolts and run them through. If you have a serious problem with a possibility of it touching metal, then throw some tape over it.

thanx for the info

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

This is exactly what i was going to do but then i got all thinking about it so i had to ask. The holes i was going to do were going to be exactly like the subs wire to where i would have to pull the wire through it so hard that i thought it will be sealed. Like it was literally going to have to take a lot of strength just to pull the wire to the other side. Any thoughts i am a little concern that it might not be 100 percent sealed but maybe 90 percent at worst, is this something that will act as another port?

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

I do bolt, washer, terminal, washer, wood, washer, terminal, washer, wing nut...never had a problem

Did you ever worry about a short with the bolt exposed? Or is just a matter of making sure the box is rarely moved because mine will have to be moved sometimes when i need the cargo area and then put back.