did i hook up my back batt wrong?

i just hooked up my hc800 and it works fine. heres how i hooked it up. got 0 gauge and ran from + on front battery put fuse then ran back. connected to + on hc800. then i grounded the back batt. is that how? it works fine. but i saw tylertron21 said he did a run from the alt to the back batt as well? is that what your supposed to do? ive had it like this since like feburary. no probs. but still?

i just did one run from front batt to back batt. then i grounded it in the trunk. no run from alt.

Edited by chapo123

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

i just hooked up my hc800 and it works fine. heres how i hooked it up. got 0 gauge and ran from + on front battery put fuse then ran back. connected to + on hc800. then i grounded the back batt. is that how? it works fine. but i saw tylertron21 said he did a run from the alt to the back batt as well? is that what your supposed to do? ive had it like this since like feburary. no probs. but still?

i just did one run from front batt to back batt. then i grounded it in the trunk. no run from alt.

If the batteries are connected in parallel like you have them (positives are connected together with 1/0, negatives are connected together through your chassis) they act as one big battery. As long as your alternator is connected to one battery, they all receive charge.

If the batteries are connected in parallel like you have them (positives are connected together with 1/0, negatives are connected together through your chassis) they act as one big battery. As long as your alternator is connected to one battery, they all receive charge.

alright thanks i was jw. would it be better if i did a run from the alt as well? or is it really not worth it??

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

all depends on how much power you have... I take it that u dont have much, as an hc800 is a VERY SMALL batt. I wouldn't waste the money and time yet, but for the future yup! I run 4 runs of + from front bat, plus 2 runs directly from my 2 front alts to my buss bars, and 2 runs of ground from front batt, and 2 runs of ground from the frame to my buss bars.. So in total 4 runs of - and 6 runs of +

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

all depends on how much power you have... I take it that u dont have much, as an hc800 is a VERY SMALL batt. I wouldn't waste the money and time yet, but for the future yup! I run 4 runs of + from front bat, plus 2 runs directly from my 2 front alts to my buss bars, and 2 runs of ground from front batt, and 2 runs of ground from the frame to my buss bars.. So in total 4 runs of - and 6 runs of +

Just curious, why would you use that much wire instead of just relocating the front battery to the back where the rest of your batteries are already at? Then you would have saved those 4 runs of + and 2 runs of - from front to back. Oh and why are you running 2 runs of - front to back and 2 to ground instead of doing all 4 together? The current will take the path of least resistance, so the 2 runs to chassis might not be utilized 100%. That's just my take on the matter.

ditto ground wire should be short as possible.

That's only if you are using the chasis or frame for a ground. In theory, every wire should be as short as possible.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

You're missing a fuse. If you're not going to put a second fuse at the HC800 end of the power cable you may as well run no fuse at all. If it shorts in the middle of the car the 1000 odd amps from the HC800 will be plenty to set your whole car on fire.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Running a ground from front to back creates a consistent and guaranteed path with minimal impedance. The extra grounds to his chassis are a back up and an extra flow path. Nothing wrong with a little overkill.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/