did i hook up my back batt wrong?

Running a ground from front to back creates a consistent and guaranteed path with minimal impedance. The extra grounds to his chassis are a back up and an extra flow path. Nothing wrong with a little overkill.

BAM.....THERE IT IS!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I don't have to read up on it I work with electricity for a living and have to ground things by NEC code daily and I am a professional at what I do. It may not be car audio but electricity laws stand firm when it comes to resistance. Just because "lots of pros do it" does not make it the best way.

the reason "pros" do it is because they copper wire used is less resistance than the steel frame of the car, usually the wire run is 1/0 or bigger and OFC not CCA

I'm not being an ass, but bam! I keep em coming too. Read up on it.

Okay we respect your opinion, knowledge, and point of view, but acting like "oh I'm cool, I really showed them" is kinda silly. Isn't it?

I'm not being a jerk, but calm down Sparky.---- or I mean CHIEF :P

Edited by P4killer_

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I don't have to read up on it I work with electricity for a living and have to ground things by NEC code daily and I am a professional at what I do. It may not be car audio but electricity laws stand firm when it comes to resistance. Just because "lots of pros do it" does not make it the best way.Everything should be bonded to the same grounding source but with car audio your grounding source is either your chassis or your frame, the frame being the better of the 2. So if you have equipment bonded in the front to the chassis or frame and in turn bond equipment in the back to the same source, you want that wire to be as short as possible to the same source, to keep electrons that are always trying to return to the "source" from having less resistance from point A to point B . In car audio you can do that without running it all the way to the front.Read up on it.

BAM THERE IT IS

Im glad your a pro, read up on car audio.......

I'm not being an ass, but bam! I keep em coming too. Read up on it.

Okay we respect your opinion, knowledge, and point of view, but acting like "oh I'm cool, I really showed them" is kinda silly. Isn't it?

I'm not being a jerk, but calm down Sparky.---- or I mean CHIEF :P

Exactly, "PURDY" your fighting a battle your not going to win..... ALSO, I cant stand looking at your damn avitar

Jesse purdy I'm not bashing you or anything hell I'm not even saying you're wrong. I read through this thread and thought you were getting carried away. You have some built up issues -- lol obvi but

JUST CHILL CHIEF --> hehe , seriously relax

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

to op, i got my stinger sp800 battery hooked up just like you did urs, it will work fine like it is now but when u upgrade whenever to anything more than around 2000-3000w its best to do a ground from front battery to back battery

and a ground from front alt bracket to battery neg also, im going to do one sometime just for the hell of it

my stock alt is only 70amps or so and i try to do the best i can with it

and residential and commercial wireing is different from car audio

there grounds have to go to earth to complete the "circuit", but in car electrical the power acually flows from neg to pos rather than pos to neg, thats why they always say to keep grounds as short as possable

heres a vid of what im talking about, a battery works both ways were home and commercial electricity works one way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TriS8_X6cTc

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

and how some ppl say to recharge ur batteries, u can while there still in ur vehicle but be careful

this could happin, and ive almost had one do this too

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif