I agree with all apart from the lower frequencies won't do any damage up to 175+. If your ears hurt, they generally it's the ear drum moving far too much, I don't know about you but I'm sure it would hurt if you sat in a car that does 170.

Yes yes, True.

I should reiterate and say that instant deafness would not occur with up to 175 dB of bass frequencies where as it could occur at 165 dB with a couple thousand hertz.

Its because the human ear is more sensitive at mid range frequencies.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Yes yes, True.

I should reiterate and say that instant deafness would not occur with up to 175 dB of bass frequencies where as it could occur at 165 dB with a couple thousand hertz.

Its because the human ear is more sensitive at mid range frequencies.

Yeah, equal loudness curves FTW!

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

lol, i wanna hear 175@15htz :lol:

i love low note systems

and dont they use audiocontrols @ sound quality comps to measure the sound spectrum?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i love low note systems

and dont they use audiocontrols @ sound quality comps to measure the sound spectrum?

SQ changes from person to person, so that wouldn't matter much, judges would be better.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

i love low note systems

I dont know if they use AC or other brands. But they would use condensor mic based systems to measure full range of 20-20K hz. Since pressure sensor systems are only accurate up to about 120hz or so.

But they are still non-weighted and meant to read evenly over the whole frequency range. And they usually cap the readings at 136 dB. Or at least they used to.

This was the RTA portion of SQ judging which I dont think many people do anymore.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

The db rating of cracatoa and A-bombs is an estimate.

They are usually based off of a weighted reading taken miles away. And then the formula for distance is used to figure what it COULD be at the source.

So not a true measurement but an estimate.

not that you have any way of knowing just like them, but just out of curiosity...how close/accurate do you think they are? i imagine something like that would be quite difficult to measure, so many variables and things come into play.

you guys talk like this is tough shit, when we have steve meade poppin out eyes and shit. think about car stereos 10 years ago... 2025 we should be able to blow tops off :3

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Archived