Sonic Electronix

AQ2200D says it has an external fuse rating of 200amps, 400 amps linked. What does this mean I need to do? This is pretty much the only thing that's throwing me off at the moment.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

If you only have one amp, put a 200a fuse in the power wire within 18" of the amp.

If you have two amps, use a 400a fuse.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

what wire holds 400 amps, wouldn't he have to use two runs to do 400 amps, but he is right about the directions..

*edit, I guess, like 2/0 would or bigger huh?

Edited by z71kris

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

Well if its linked that means you have two amps right?

So just do two runs of 1/0 each with a 200 amp fuse at both ends. Or 2/0 to a homemade fused distro block

w/ two 200 amp fuses and two 1/0 out to the amps. That would prolly work

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

ya if your using a second one.. do two runs 200amp fuse on each

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

ya if your using a second one.. do two runs 200amp fuse on each

I noticed you're running the same amp I need to get lol. How do you have it fused? I'll only be using 1 2200d amp. Still confused on how to fuse it.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I noticed you're running the same amp I need to get lol. How do you have it fused? I'll only be using 1 2200d amp. Still confused on how to fuse it.

put (1) 200 amp fuse inline within 18" of the amplifier.

aka, put a 200 amp fuse in your power wire within 18" of the amplifier.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

If you only have one amp, put a 200a fuse in the power wire within 18" of the amp.

If you have two amps, use a 400a fuse.

did you mean to say to install a fuse no longer than 18" from the battery or did you really mean the amp. I think that I would fuse at the battery so that the only cabling that would actually possibly fail would be the cabling on the load side of the fuse and the line side cable would be protected by the fuse.

did you mean to say to install a fuse no longer than 18" from the battery or did you really mean the amp. I think that I would fuse at the battery so that the only cabling that would actually possibly fail would be the cabling on the load side of the fuse and the line side cable would be protected by the fuse.

no. you are incorrect (to an extent)

the best way to do it is fuse within 18" of the battery AND within 18" of the amp.

if you do a run of power from the front to the rear, you want to protect both the amplifier (from over draw/shorts) and the battery (from shorts)

if the wire casing become compromised at any place on the run, it can hit ground and short out and cause one hell of an electrical fire

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

So you fuse the power wire with a 200A fuse? that's it? Aren't most amps like that anyway?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg