Sonic Electronix

need help ASAP f*cking HU wont turn on im so pissed

746_667_600.jpg

i can't find a rear shot on it just front

I know, I couldnt find a rear either. If your locks arent working anymore, you prob blew that fuse too. Its either a ground issue, fuse issue, or your headunit is blown

where could it be gorunding out too? anyone have pics of the ground on a aftermaerket HU

also, i have my DVD bypass thingy grounded to the silver metal frame around the HU..could that have fucked it up

maybe its just something in your kick panel or under your hood. we really have no clue without pictures.

and yea, you definately have more of a problem lol. my moms chrysler did that when the deck got changed for SBN 08. didnt get it figured out until the night before the trip home. well, it controlled the radio, dome lights, door chimes, and power locks and trunks.

and even the horn. come to find out it was a single wire that got disconnected somehow ...

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

i think i may have figured out the problem....according to the manual, protect means that the speaker wire has come in contact wit each other (+ and - ), or they contacted the chassis of the car....i did not touch the wire going from HU to the speaker i just left it there to dangle (since i had to run speakers to 4 ch amp, not HU anymore) so maybe the touched the door and fucked shit up (or each others )

F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap

i think i may have figured out the problem....according to the manual, protect means that the speaker wire has come in contact wit each other (+ and - ), or they contacted the chassis of the car....i did not touch the wire going from HU to the speaker i just left it there to dangle (since i had to run speakers to 4 ch amp, not HU anymore) so maybe the touched the door and fucked shit up (or each others )

^could've but i'd say if they touched it probably fried your radio?

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

re-check your install blacktape work well.

sonic electronix ftw

he's right no fuse on it must be them inline fuses

kvt512.jpg

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

Archived