AMP Converter for House Setup?

math said that u could run around 960w off that 80amp kinetik power supply @12v so it should do fine

i think i might get one, i aint gunna be running anmore than like 60amps or so anyways, might use it to run my emergency light too lol

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Check it out if you have enough skill to do a system at all or even in your house then you can do this. Everyone has old computers sittig around. Well go take one apart and salvage the power supply out of it. Hook up at first and find the 12v lead and ground. Next take apart and connect all the 12v wires together and solder to a bolt or other means of connection. Then another for the ground. All the other wires can be snipped back close to the supply and taped. Most older power supplies are better to use seeing that they only have 12v, 5v, and maybe 3.3v. Plus the older ones you will be able to get amperage close to 7-10A. So look into that. Cause it may be a he'll of alot cheaper and give you the power that you need

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

math said that u could run around 960w off that 80amp kinetik power supply @12v so it should do fine

i think i might get one, i aint gunna be running anmore than like 60amps or so anyways, might use it to run my emergency light too lol

You know they're like $250+ right?

Buy an old server power supply off ebay and use that, just takes a bit of hackery.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

They told me that 1 amp is about 100 watts, and that I would need a special converter that handles around 10 amps.

What do you guys reccomend for converters?

That is on the input side of the convertor. 1 amp on the output side is about 13 watts. . .

To run a 650 watt amp, you need a 70 amp power supply, assuming ~70% efficency for the amplifier.

Brian

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Or if your REALLY smart you find the output of the torroid and measure it in AC volts. Then find an AC transformer that matches that voltage swing add a bridge rectifier and filter caps.

1975 Oldsmobile Omega SalonStill Under ConstructionTeam Sound QubedTeam H-O Alternators / Team Kinetik AudioR.I.P Team US Amps

WHOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOLD THE FUCK UP!!! I know your honey bun smugglin ass aint talking shit!

You know they're like $250+ right?

I got one, I got one and they are around $250 cost so expect to pay more than that. $350ish from an authorized dealer special order unless you find them on Ebay and you can under a different name.

When you start dealing with a PS this big though you need understand how the wirring in your house works as this power supply can pull close to 20 amps of AC current. I think they rate it close to 1350 watts of input.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Or if your REALLY smart you find the output of the torroid and measure it in AC volts. Then find an AC transformer that matches that voltage swing add a bridge rectifier and filter caps.

Or just desolder the toroids in your amp and add some 120v high-side ones ;o

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Check it out if you have enough skill to do a system at all or even in your house then you can do this. Everyone has old computers sittig around. Well go take one apart and salvage the power supply out of it. Hook up at first and find the 12v lead and ground. Next take apart and connect all the 12v wires together and solder to a bolt or other means of connection. Then another for the ground. All the other wires can be snipped back close to the supply and taped. Most older power supplies are better to use seeing that they only have 12v, 5v, and maybe 3.3v. Plus the older ones you will be able to get amperage close to 7-10A. So look into that. Cause it may be a he'll of alot cheaper and give you the power that you need

Newer ones are actually much better to use, just put a fan or two on the +5v (red wires) to give it some load, they like that. 7-10A is almost useless.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry bout bumping but i got an old computer with the power convertor and i was wondering how you gotta wire that to run a car amp

off the top of my head i know that all the yellow wires are 12v. red ones are 5v so dont touch those. on the big 20/24pin connector, you take the green wire and a black wire (ground) thats next to it and twist them together, this simulates the computer turning on when you hit the switch and it fires up the PSU. then take all the yellow (+12v)wires that you can find and put them all to the + side of the amp. and take an equal amount of black (ground) wires that you got from the SAME harnesses that you took the yellow wires off of and put them to the - side of the amp.

99% sure thats the correct way to do it. many people on youtube use like 1-2 yellow wires and expect all 400-500w or w/e the PSU is rated at, to flow through that little 26 gauge wire.

Archived