Freestylin's First Go At Building A Box *subs In The Car* Good To Go !

thanks for all the feedback guys ya I'm probably get some different gloves i just using them while cutting wood. Today I just bought another sheet of mdf cuz i don't think one sheet was going to be enough. today I'm try to cut everything but if i dont have time probably will finish cutting everything tomorrow and may start some of the resin. so is this the steps of how i would do the 45s:

1. measure 4-5oz in measuring cup than put 14 drops per oz.

2. tilt the box in certain angle and pour in the resin

3. let it set (it said it needs 2 hr what do you guys usually do

and thats It ????

should i just first just pour some in and just get a brush and paint the inside and then do the 45s in each corner( i think this will be easier). let me know whats up and any tips before i proceed with resin

If what your trying to do is make 45s with resin, tilt the box at angle and just pour it and let it sit till it's dry...Then do it to every corner..Lol it takes time

thanks for all the feedback guys i really appreciate it. thanks for steps ernesto i will follow that procedure. should i just seal off the whole box inside with one layer of resin than proceed with 45s. ya i'm not rushing im takin my time when it comes to the box but i probably wont work on it till sunday and probably dedicate that day like you have suggested ernesto

thanks for all the feedback guys i really appreciate it. thanks for steps ernesto i will follow that procedure. should i just seal off the whole box inside with one layer of resin than proceed with 45s. ya i'm not rushing im takin my time when it comes to the box but i probably wont work on it till sunday and probably dedicate that day like you have suggested ernesto

IMO...one layer of resin inside of that box is just going to be a waiste of money..One layer won't really do much, just cost you more money.. You don't need too much bracing for this box thats why I wouldnt fiberglass the inside... I'd just go ahead and do the 45s at every corner.

Here some updates:

Posted Image

Posted Image

as you can see the right piece came out a bit off so i got to go back and cut it another piece

but for the most part all the pieces are cut out

Posted Image

Posted Image

should make a double baffle in the front and

what easy way to cut out the speaker hole for an L7 anyone???

also how many ozs of resin should put for each corner ???

and should i take out the screws before i round over the box ???

I go right over the screws and nails, and just hope I have no open gasoline nearby, thats my fireworks, and it doesn't damage the bits, unless your constantly everyday rounding over screw heads.... BUT your router base wont allow you to go over screws if the stick out a little bit

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Youll have to use a jigsaw to cut your holes unless you have an MDF template already made. Or I guess you could use a hole saw to cut the four corners and just connect them with a jigsaw.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

or a simple $20 circle jig for routers at Sears, or the $40 Jasper jig

perfect circles with no screw ups a jigsaw can do

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

would a circle jig work for this because the l7 is more of a square than a circle but i will probably end up using the jigsaw.

Archived