Freestylin's First Go At Building A Box *subs In The Car* Good To Go !

its just chop mat thats got a shorter strand fiber if you cant get to a store that has a choice some of the bondo mat will work. or use the cloth it works well INSIDE of boxes

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

well i went to HD and got fiberglass mat and just finished putting them in waiting for them to set to i can sand around them and should i sand it after it sets ??? anyway heres the pictures

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

let me know what you guys think and o ya thanks roscoe and chevyboy for the advice :)

wow i must say it is a bitch to sand this hahhaha o well my friend who was gonna help me install the subs had a hang over and wasn't feelin well so we gonna do it tomorrow morning so hopefully i will have finale of this tomorrow ight guys peace

well i was waiting for my cousin to come over and help me and didn't come so i just cut the holes on the front plate

Posted Image

here is another picture:

Posted Image

ya the left hole was my first time but the second one was where i kind of got the hang of it.

but the speakers fit

so the big problems it this right here

Posted Image

Posted Image

there is a gap now the question how do i fill in the gap so air doesn't escape ???

my suggestion to you is to use heavy duty liquid nail to fill the gaps. thats all i use on boxes when i put them together. u will break the wood before u break the liquid nail in most cases. i live by it. liquid nail and a brad nailer to put it together. then put a couple screws in it and it should be strong enough to withstand anything.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

my suggestion to you is to use heavy duty liquid nail to fill the gaps. thats all i use on boxes when i put them together. u will break the wood before u break the liquid nail in most cases. i live by it. liquid nail and a brad nailer to put it together. then put a couple screws in it and it should be strong enough to withstand anything.

don't try to say that on roe....

and yes thats exactly why the 45's are cracking, resin is too hot. Ive done that way too many times, I just get overeager and dont want to wait the appropriate time. When I fiberglass sub boxes and stuff I mix it so hot that I do one layer after another and its already halfway cured. Smart way to do it? Maybe not...quick way? oh yes.

...but 45's you havvve to mix them normal...

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

ya i was eager because i was thinking the subs were going in yesterday. o well I learned the hard way hahaha hopefully i can put them in today thanks for the advice

OFFICIALLY DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heres the pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love it I can't wait till this subs are broken in and so far i guess they are loud but i want them louder hahahha o well i guess i shall stick with this for a while. I ReALLY GOT TO SAY THANKS DALE man if it wasn't for u this shit won't never happen. I know for one thing i'm need to upgrade the battery and dynomat the truck because the trunk vibrates bad. I will post a video soon maybe when they break in but if u guys want one i will post one :)

Archived