• 2 weeks later...

I haven't done anything in damn near 2 weeks. Well, today I finished up the shell of the box and got some dowels cut for bracing. I was gonna try to resin the inside, but the hardware stores local here don't have the stuff, beats me why not.

The strip of MDF there is going up in the top/back edge to cover where the idiot cut my back wall 1/4" short.

IMG_3310.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

1 1/4" dowel should be strong enough.

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

Need to finish up securing it to the car then I can start the trim panels. The resin has to wait until I can get the stuff I need through the mail.

Anybody think I should add some kind of filler to the resin? I was looking at the glass sphere filler.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

• 1 month later...

Haven't done shit for a while, funds are tight. But here is the first of the 3 XL's.

IMG_3433.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

I got my baffle sketched up now. It will be cut tomorrow when I get some jig blades. I've also added alot of steel strapping to the back of the enclosure to keep it in place and safe. Also, Nathan has shipped my batteries, they should be here this week. Had to go with 6500's due to weight.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Ready to finish the baffle. Aero ports measured and one side of the flares getting attached.

IMG_3437.jpg

This German PVC glue is STRONG, got high almost immediately.

IMG_3438.jpg

Broke a jigsaw blade a couple days ago, went to get new blades and got a new saw. Its badass, but only 220 volt, so I gotta sell it before coming back stateside. Pics of the baffle cutout tomorrow, we'll see how it does.

IMG_3439.jpg

And yeah, thats my rum'n'coke on the table. You'll rarely see me without one. :yahoo:

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

YEAH tis almost bass time for the stang.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Archived