Driving to work my Check Gas Cap message came on so when I got to work I checked it and sure enough it was loose. Tried to tighten it and stays loose now. Anybody else have this problem? Did a new cap fix the problem?

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Driving to work my Check Gas Cap message came on so when I got to work I checked it and sure enough it was loose. Tried to tighten it and stays loose now. Anybody else have this problem? Did a new cap fix the problem?

I had that happen on my grand am a few years ago, check engine light came on and i got it tested came up as a fuel system failure which my mechanic friend said is usually a defective cap I got a new cap and after a couple days it went away. Sometimes those sensors need an extra day or two to clear out.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

I probably did get the code, I haven't pulled them yet, I have a Cadillac so I can pull the codes through my dash and clear them. The gas cap is actually loose and wont' tighten, it clicks but its still loose. I guess I just have to buy a new one lol, yay I finally broke something. What sucked is that is happened when I was playing I-20 "Fightin in the Club" which isn't even a bass heavy song :(

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

i failed inspection a few months ago for a bad gas cap, just went to pepboys and they handed me one for liek 10 bucks, my car sat for about 2 years, and i noticed a ton of gas just disapearing, got the new cap and BAM back to normal

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

This is actually happening to me right now.

The stock one went bad and now it's throwing codes on the new one, same thing, clicks but computer says it's loose.

I don't think I bassed it to death but my car does shake like hell.

I'm just going to ignore it until I can get one from the stealership.

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

im sure there is a fuse for it. just take that out and you wont have to worry about the light.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.