Sundown Audio

lowest amp impedence seen

MACnonsence6

they better be top notch for the price and the weight. i will admit i do need to read up a bit more on alot of things but the idea of 4 xxx 12s is not going anywhere thats deff what i wana do. just need to figure out everything that comes before them amps batteries ect. im greatfull for everyones help and opinions and not flamming me.

thanks all

thats what the forum is here for. if you do this build take lots of pics and show us

2003 CHEVY SILVERADO REG CAB

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

147.3@44 htz & getting louder

the t4000bd would look alot more sexy to as oposed to 4 hifonics but i wana keep something hifonics cant completly sell out

how big ard the zues amps

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

boss makes a good amp.NOT :rofl:

back in the day i had one and put 4 two ohm subs on it. took it like a champ but you coulda cooked on it and sounded like poop

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

that amp looks sexy and 2 x 1600 rms at 1 ohm should work out perfect for my set up just need 2. hifonics also has a 10000 watt amp that looks rather scary now i just need to figure out what i need to power them shits battery wise. ik for alts i wana have one that just does the trucks starter and such that will prolly be the stock alt then i wana run a pulley to one just for the amps but im not sure what my options are for such a thing nor what size or multiple of sizes i would need. i do plan to put the batteries them selves in the bed of the truck for more room in the cab prolly in there own sealed little box with some hard ass townoe cover.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

id run 2 270+ amp alts(replace the stck one) and 5 batts

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

What really matters is where the amp makes the most power and that's where you want to load it.

Going lower adds more resistance, which of course will make the amp work harder and with less efficiency.

Their by producing less power. So it all comes down to loading it where it makes it's most power.

are you talking bout only running one coil at a time? if so NO WAY, you'll ruin you subs

You're wrong and you're right here. Just running one voice coil on a sub will not hurt the sub, BUT you cannot run the mani's recommended RMS. You can only run about 40% of the RMS recommended if you are going to run one coil. So say you have a 100 watt RMS sub that is a DVC sub and you want to run one coil, then you would want to run only 40 RMS to the one coil, but can run 100 RMS to both coils or 50 RMS to each coil if running two amps..one to each coil. (sorry kept the numbers simple and hope that made sense)<--been up all night

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Archived