Sonic Electronix

So I got the 8500's hooked up.

what ohm load u runnin? if u got d4 subs try to wire it to 4ohm and see if it still does that cause it might be to low of ohm load n amp cant run it

by buddie had 3 kenwood 12's on an audiobahn amp but it didn't turn out well

ied check ur ohm load, and if ur running 0guage or bigger to amp then thats fine

and u got stock electrical?

and to simplyfy clipping is an amp trying to do more than it can and distorts the signal and puts 12v pulses into the signal, i got an amp that does this when ever u set it to lp

kinda like running a 500rms sub on a 150rms amp

i would turn the lpf and bass boost all the way down, then turn the gain up a lil bit n see if it still clipps, and check ur decks settings also

cause i got the oldschool 8000's and im giveing them 400rms and there 500rms n it seems like its to much really, but i unno bout the new series subs, i got a set of 5500 15's too and they eat the power up and there only 300rms so i unno, my amps a memphis pr1000.1

i would try another amp if i could n see what happins

I'm running the amp at 1 ohm. The amps RMS is 1200 @ 1 Ohm. I did although turn the bass knob all the way down now, so it's not lighting up red. I didn't realise it was a "Bass boost" knob, I thought with the knob all the way up it was pushing the amp all the way.

Well I turned the gain down so it isn't lighting up red anymore. Tuned the bass right on my cd player. Sounds a little better but still isn't THAT loud. Is a Audiobahn a 1300htc good enough for it? They're both 600 RMS a piece and the amp is 1200 rms @ 1 ohm mono amp. I had 2 12" Type R's with a 1000 watt alpine amp before this and that system was twice as loud as these MTX's. So far i'm pretty disapointed but maybe i'm not doing something right.

Well I turned the gain down so it isn't lighting up red anymore. Tuned the bass right on my cd player. Sounds a little better but still isn't THAT loud. Is a Audiobahn a 1300htc good enough for it? They're both 600 RMS a piece and the amp is 1200 rms @ 1 ohm mono amp. I had 2 12" Type R's with a 1000 watt alpine amp before this and that system was twice as loud as these MTX's. So far i'm pretty disapointed but maybe i'm not doing something right.

were the two dif setups in dif rides or the same?

1 word, audiobahn. get a new amp and everything will be better.

how many fuses are on the amp? and of what size is each fuse?

I was told these High Current or High Voltage or whatever series amps were nice. Not sure what size and number of fuses, I think there's 2 or 3. I'll have to check. I have a 4 gauge ground/power with a 150 fuse on it.

One problem I see is you say you're running the subs at 1 ohm, but yet haven't said what ohm the subs are, how you have them wired and say that the amp is running at 1 ohm load at 1200 rms. You didn't use a DMM to set your gain which tells me there is no way you are running at 1 ohm and w/o knowing what the subs are (ohms) and how you have it wired, we cannot tell you why it doesn't seem loud.

Tell us what ohms the subs are, how you have them wired and what you have the gain set to using a DMM (what voltage).

Then we could help.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

One problem I see is you say you're running the subs at 1 ohm, but yet haven't said what ohm the subs are, how you have them wired and say that the amp is running at 1 ohm load at 1200 rms. You didn't use a DMM to set your gain which tells me there is no way you are running at 1 ohm and w/o knowing what the subs are (ohms) and how you have it wired, we cannot tell you why it doesn't seem loud.

Tell us what ohms the subs are, how you have them wired and what you have the gain set to using a DMM (what voltage).

Then we could help.

Sorry, I keep getting side tracked with all the different questions. 4 ohm dual voice coil. Mtx 8500 15's (2).

I was told these High Current or High Voltage or whatever series amps were nice. Not sure what size and number of fuses, I think there's 2 or 3. I'll have to check. I have a 4 gauge ground/power with a 150 fuse on it.

alot of audiobahns products (like 99% of them) are built extremely terribly (why do you think they're out of business?) and dont do anything near what theyre rated as far as amps. and ive heard from people saying that their bahn's blew on clean UNDER RATED POWER. also they had that scandal where they covered their woofer's magnets with that chrome shielding to make the user think the magnet was as big as the chrome shielding, but when you cut the chrome off, the magnet took up like 40-50% of the space.

Archived