Sonic Electronix

fitting knu wire into 1/0 lugs

Hey guys, i just recently got some lugs for my Kflex wire, only problem is the wire is massive and i cant get it all to fit into a regular sized 1/0 lug, do you guys have any suggestions on how to get it to fit without really cutting the wire to size so it can fit? Thanks!

Hey guys, i just recently got some lugs for my Kflex wire, only problem is the wire is massive and i cant get it all to fit into a regular sized 1/0 lug, do you guys have any suggestions on how to get it to fit without really cutting the wire to size so it can fit? Thanks!

What kind of metal are your lugz made of? I tried this on a copper batt terminal on a guage 1/0 wire... I heated the terminal in the oven, the terminal swelled up a bit and gave me enough space to push the wire in. When it cooled down, the wire is in there so tight that I almost forgot to lock it in.

i was in the same situation as you, except i ended up trimming off a few hundred strands off to just get it in the lug. buy some 2/0 lugs, problem solved.

i had this problem with my stinger lugs also. Same deal heated em up in the oven, for about five min or so...made them swell just enough to get all the wire in there, also u may try using some flux and solder the tips of your wire, they tend to shrink once the get solder on them. something to try....

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

i was in the same situation as you, except i ended up trimming off a few hundred strands off to just get it in the lug. buy some 2/0 lugs, problem solved.

x2, just get some 2/0 welding lugs from home depot, thats what I used on my Knu Wire, then I Used a Hydraulic Crimper and done.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Stinger lugs are smaller. I used the knu lugs and it fit perfect. But stinger wire in the knu lug needed a lot of solder to fill the gap. Stinger 0 gauge is more like 2 gauge imo

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

i just shaved some off my 4g, after i got so damn frustrated, doesnt make any diffrence with the flow

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

2 ways to do it...

1. Strip the wire then take a small ziptie and put it around all the strands close to the end of the wire. Pull it really really freakin' tight. Jam the lug on as far as you can, make sure all the strands are in the lug. Then use a pair of nippers to cut the zip-tie and jam it the rest of the way in.

My friend managed to fit 2 runs of 0 in a single terminal through doing this. Took about 2 hours of tightening the zip-tie over and over though.

2. With a razor blade, slice the whole way around the insulation about 1" from the end of the wire. Then slice the whole way around ~1/8" from the end.

Then there's 2 ways to do it, different ways work for different wires...

Either you pull off the little 1/8" piece, the strands should stay tightly packed. Slip the lug over the copper that's sticking out.

Then split the larger 'ring' of insulation with your razor blade and slide the lug on, it will just pop the split piece of insulation off the wire.

Or if you have a really tough one, leave the 1/8" bit on and split the rest and remove it. Then use the lug to slide the 1/8" bit up the wire as you insert it into the lug. Finally split the 1/8" bit and pull it off and slide the lug the rest of the way in.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived