Sonic Electronix

Hey all, I just recently sold my Mazda that was housing my system. Today I installed said system into my other vehicle (2000 Subaru Forester)and virtually all bass pressure is lost. I realize now that this is because of the cabin volume difference: one vehicle was a sedan and the other is a wagon/hatch. Therefore, the sound waves have farther to travel and more space to fill up. I am really disappointed with how this turned out because I can't live without some slap! Anyway, is there anything I can do to my current system to give me the bass that I had before? Or do I need to look into some upgrades? I can't even vibrate my mirrors with it in the Subaru! Thanks for the help!

Here's what I'm running as of today:

Head unit - Kenwood KDC-MP242

Amp - Kenwood KAC-9104D (1800 watts peak, 900rms)

Subs - 2 Kenwood 12" KFC-W3012 (800rms)

KnuKoncepts 4 gauge power/negative wire

Fosgate 16 gauge speaker wire

try using 8 gauge speaker wire if it will fit in your amp (it should)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!, Whats with this week and people thinking 8 gauge speaker wire is gonna make any noticable difference from 14/12 gauge wire, when the amp is probably 2 feet max from the box.(This is for 1000rms and less systems)

To the OP, like said before try different box, but other than that you can try and load it off the rear hatch, just put it about 6inches from it see if it makes a difference, but if you do decide to build a new box, SUV's/Hatches tend to like sub up port back, so maybe try something like that.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!, Whats with this week and people thinking 8 gauge speaker wire is gonna make any noticable difference from 14/12 gauge wire, when the amp is probably 2 feet max from the box.(This is for 1000rms and less systems)

To the OP, like said before try different box, but other than that you can try and load it off the rear hatch, just put it about 6inches from it see if it makes a difference, but if you do decide to build a new box, SUV's/Hatches tend to like sub up port back, so maybe try something like that.

Ahh I'll have to try that. Thanks for the tips everyone and keep them coming if you have them! FYI, I built 2 custom enclosures for my subs (ported and tuned to the subs).

Foresters like sub up port back or sub back port back. In your case sub back port back will be best.

All Subeys are weird with bass because of the frameless windows. Lots of pressure gets lost there, my WRX is kinda hard to get loud too.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

make sure you have a good amount of space for the port to breathe. more than 4". then look at power. you have half the power those subs want. add another amp and itll get a lot louder.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

check and see if your subs are in phase +to+ and -to- cuz if not they are cancelling each other out

2003 CHEVY SILVERADO REG CAB

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

147.3@44 htz & getting louder

Archived