Sonic Electronix

Here's the deal though. He knows what he did when he was young. I look back on my dad telling me these things and he was right. I wasted thousands of dollars trying to polish a turd when I could have been saving for a new car/school/house or whatever. I got lucky and landed a really good job, so I'm ok, but if I hadn't I would still be out of money for some cheap, short-lived thrills.

I agree with parents to an extent. they do underestimate skills of some kids, but 99% of them are hurting the resale value of their car by wasting money on it. And to a dad, which I am, that makes no sense.

EDIT: and telling him it's audio or drugs is just idiotic. You are obviously still too young to understand if you're posting or telling your dad that dumb shit.

Edited by Neo_frog

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

lol @ neo.

my dad doesnt to much care. im an adult, so it didnt matter if he cared or not.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

the reason i said that, is because there is way more shit out there that is 100x worse that he could be doing, he wants to do a system in the car and his dad is flippin out on him..

i would rather my son be working on a car than doing drugs.. thats why i said those options.. when it gets put into a prospective like that, it can click a parent to start thinking

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

How about trying to explain your interest in the hobby and your future goals with it. Just because he doesn't agree, doesn't mean he won't understand. I'm sure he does things that you are not into. But if you truly wasting your money on garbage, putting it into a garbage car (or a nice one that HE purchased), I say he's right.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I see the point in not putting too much time in effort into a older car, but my 97 accord looks pretty damn good for being 13 years old. Interior is perfect, nothings cracked, faded, carpets A+, paint on outside is great, 160k miles... It'll last me at least quite a while still... And more than 90% of the shit im putting into it is transferable or sellable. Nothing stock has been ruined, and everything can be put back to stock excactally if I need to.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

exactly when i have kids i want them to have a hobby then just stay inside doing nothing. or out on the weekends. car audio gives me something to do and it makes me feel good because i feel smart and well bass is just bass.. its AWSOME!!! :domodance:

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

How about trying to explain your interest in the hobby and your future goals with it. Just because he doesn't agree, doesn't mean he won't understand. I'm sure he does things that you are not into. But if you truly wasting your money on garbage, putting it into a garbage car (or a nice one that HE purchased), I say he's right.

^^^Best advice here.

Don't shut him down because he wants the best for ya'. Explain why you like it and try to get him to understand it.

I'm sure after he starts to understand some more of it he will be happy to work at building a box or something with you.

Nothing beats working on a car with your son.

Edited by Chomps

1992 Honda Accord

Alpine CDA 9856

Alpine Type R 12

Infinity Kappa's in front

Cadence in back

VVV*soon to come*VVV

Another Alpine Type R 12

AQ2200D

Small build log to come.

Why not move out? His house, his rules. That's just how it goes when you live with your parents. Not trying to be a total dick, but if you don't like it get out.

When you have your own place you can do whatever you want. I know a few people who really hustled and got their stuff together and moved out when they were 16-17.

Good luck, you are in somewhat of a tough situation.