Sonic Electronix

Biggest Car Audio Mistakes?

I installed an amp under the seat in a Blazer and when i was bolting the seat back down my ring hit the power terminal on the amp and arced through the ratchet. I have a Tungsten Carbide ring, supposed to be the worlds strongest metal or something. The ring broke in two right where it arced at about a month later. It arched where the ratchet was touching my ring and where the ring hit the Pos on the amp.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I installed an amp under the seat in a Blazer and when i was bolting the seat back down my ring hit the power terminal on the amp and arced through the ratchet. I have a Tungsten Carbide ring, supposed to be the worlds strongest metal or something. The ring broke in two right where it arced at about a month later. It arched where the ratchet was touching my ring and where the ring hit the Pos on the amp.

so another "shoulda unhooked the fuse" problem lol

my biggest mistake was.....

i guess buying a jensen headunit as my first one.

that or listening to idiots and thinking sealed boxes were the only boxes that sounded good.

Think at some point most of us have poked holes in speakers or subs, i did it when i got my first comp speakers they were only 45$ though. Next thing is mixing up polarity. Pos in neg on the amp popping fuses like candy going wtf mate??? Also mixing up negative and positive on a sub and yet again WTF MATE?

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

For me its remembering to hook up the RCA's on an amp I just installed for the first time. LOL then get pissed and think something is bad wrong when I turn everything on for the first time.

My other is I have a bad habit of remembering to hook up the atenna (can't spell) When I would put a radio in a customer's car. LOL

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

My worst was on the explorer this same week, first time in my life i got wires under the car, call me a noob in hat subject i guess, well, i didn´t use any PVC to protect them and i even tight them all wrong very close to the mmmm, differential?? (shit i hate not speaking english properly) well, that tranny or however you guys call it, eat one run of + , you can imagine the sparks under the car hahaha, it almost cought on fire!!! Well, first and last time i screw that much with wires under the car, i had to fix all that shit and it´s working again, but damn, what a moron!! hahaha

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived