Explorer Sport Build: Dual alts, 8 12s, 3400 watts, 154 DB!!!

i did this a while ago but never got around to putting pictures in my build log. heres the log i put in the electrical section

i got my hands on a second d6500 and wanted to try getting it to fit under the hood. i got a second coolant tank from the junkyard, so the only thing im losing is the front washer fluid reservoir but im gonna try to find a spot for that tank too. anyways onto the pics.

STP61745.jpg

where the batts going

STP61746.jpg

both coolant and washer fluid tanks removed, had to move my cruise control too

STP61747.jpg

like a glove

STP61748.jpg

STP61749.jpg

the positive terminal is right underneath one of the contours in the hood so i have plenty of clearance

STP61750.jpg

first bracket made. you cant see but it wraps around the side and hooks the bottom and sits on the wheel well

STP61751.jpg

second bracket. uses a stud from the coolant mounts and hooks over the top to keep batt from rocking.

STP61752.jpg

done. just gotta paint the brackets now. you can see where i moved the cruise control to. its the little black piece with the little silver cap

STP61753-1.jpg

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

heres the final pictures. still trying to find a smaller washer fluid tank but space is really tight now.

STP61754.jpg

STP61756.jpg

before:

STP61745.jpg

after:

STP61758.jpg

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

I see that you are running some of the subs inverted. are you running the inverted ones out of phase with the others? if not you can damage your subs while the 4 fight against the other 4 in the box.

Otherwise it looks wicked!

Rear

(6) 12" Digital Design 1500

Lightning Audio LA3000MD 3000watt Amp

3 Optima red-top

Front Doors

Kicker SSMB8 8" mid bass

Kicker RS56.2 5-1/4" Component

Powered by:

Rockford Fosgate Power P400.2

My New Build!

The middle four are out of phase so they all move in unison. To check the polarity I just put the speaker leads to the pos n neg on my amp and made sure all 8 moved together. Otherwise ya I'd have issues with it

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

The middle four are out of phase so they all move in unison. To check the polarity I just put the speaker leads to the pos n neg on my amp and made sure all 8 moved together. Otherwise ya I'd have issues with it

Good deal.. was worried about that.

Rear

(6) 12" Digital Design 1500

Lightning Audio LA3000MD 3000watt Amp

3 Optima red-top

Front Doors

Kicker SSMB8 8" mid bass

Kicker RS56.2 5-1/4" Component