am i wrong for wanted to change my last name?

and i see its like you are trying to find words to say so you can tell your biological father.

i would start off just by telling him what youre going to do and why. of course its going to be emotional, but if hes man enough to love you now hell understood why. were all human and we all make mistakes. but life isnt about what happens to us, but what we do when things happen to us. and now youre doing something about it.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i think its cool,but its your decision bro. it seems your step pops, is more of a dad than your real father will ever be. if it were me id do it, no point of carrying a name of some looser that has never been there for you. :good:

Agreed :drinks:

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

A friend of mine changed his name at 25 or 26 to his mothers maiden name. I haven't seen my dad since I was 2 and he never paid child support. The thing is you actually can go after him for the money still. I had been thinking about it for years, but never pulled the trigger and he died a 2 years ago. I couldn't bring myself to do it because he had another family (I have 6 half brothers and sisters from him, but I talk to only one) and the last thing I wanted to do was to ruin their life. I'm grown and I don't need what money he did have. He literally ruined our lives when they divorced. He owned a steel company in Chicago and after the divorce he moved everything he had into his new girlfriends name. After all that was done he turned over his real books to the IRS and since he didn't have shit they came after us and took everything.

While I didn't like him I never considered changing my name for two reasons. First and most importantly everyone knows me with my current name and second, like it or not, he was my father. My Dad is my step dad and even though my mom married him later in life when I was 17 he is a great guy. He was also an inspiration and full of great advice. My mom died a year ago and even though my mom is gone my step dad and I are still close.

I'm sure it would make your step dad happy, but my personal opinion is it's just a name. Then again if your name was like Richard Hanler I wouldn't blame you for an excuse to change it! ;)

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

go for it bro..look at it this way..you have a dad who doesnt have to be your biological father and you have a sperm donor

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Change your last name to child420 ....i'll be da pappy :)

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

my situation is the same as yours except my dad made no effort to be in my life so my step dad I consider my real dad he raised me clothed and sheltered me and put up with my crap and taught me how to be a man my only wish is that I had been adopted by him or at least had my name changed to his but at 37 I feel that its a little late but It does not stop me from calling him dad or introducing him as my father so I say do it your step father has stepped up to the plate to raise you he is your dad honor him as such

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

my situation is the same as yours except my dad made no effort to be in my life so my step dad I consider my real dad he raised me clothed and sheltered me and put up with my crap and taught me how to be a man my only wish is that I had been adopted by him or at least had my name changed to his but at 37 I feel that its a little late but It does not stop me from calling him dad or introducing him as my father so I say do it your step father has stepped up to the plate to raise you he is your dad honor him as such

thats how i am when iused to bring girls home everynight before i found my loving girlfriend now id tell them my step dad was my dad and had to explain it later but its my life . But my moms contacted my grandma and ill have the papers soon.