Sonic Electronix

2 13w7 or 4 10btl ssd looking for a change

hey everyone this is my first post.great site to be apart of. my question is i have 2 jl13w7s only one is hooked up currently in ported box to 1000 x1 jl amp.i really liked this sub when i first got it,and ended up getting a deal on a second one.the problem is after doing a lot of research i have decided i want more spl whith some sq. in order for me to add my other 13w7 i would need to buy another expensive custom box,another expensive amp.about 900.00 dollars,or i could sell all my jl stuff and buy 4 10 btl,ssd fully loaded,and probably still have money to spare.im just not sure if i would be happy with 2 w7 and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what 4 10btl ssd would sound like compared in ported box,also i have a chevy avalanche and the large cab makes it harder to get more sound pressure,but i got about 7 cubic ft to work whith in the bed.

wtf is a BTL ssd? you mean FI SSD or FI BTL... honestly, just build a box for your 2 subs you got now and see how well it does, you already have 2, just try it.. if anything sell the JL amp and get a better amp to push both of them

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

personally, you already have 2 great drivers, so stick with em. Building a box for them both, would cost maybe 50$, run them both on your current amp and see how they sound on maybe 500watts each. Later on, buy a decent amp and slam the shit out of them. once you sell the JL 1000w amp, you will have plenty of money to buy this said amp.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

so are u thinking of getting 4 ssd's or 4 btl's. they are two different models from the company fi

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

instead of buying another expensive custom box,build your own.

get measurements and get a design made

2001 Black Monte Carlo SS chrome 20''

(1) Alpine i-9881 deck-ipod-

(2) DC lvl 4XL 18''s-Walled-

(1) DAT Hellfire - 2500.1-fused-

(1) D3400 XS Power battery-fused-

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

(1) DC POWER ALT INSTALLED BY ROB FTW,Big3

(1) Viper 5901 Alarm + killer yorkies and chihuahas

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

bass in this city, i look out the window and its my mom bumping Gorilla Zoe

hey everyone this is my first post.great site to be apart of. my question is i have 2 jl13w7s only one is hooked up currently in ported box to 1000 x1 jl amp.i really liked this sub when i first got it,and ended up getting a deal on a second one.the problem is after doing a lot of research i have decided i want more spl whith some sq. in order for me to add my other 13w7 i would need to buy another expensive custom box,another expensive amp.about 900.00 dollars,or i could sell all my jl stuff and buy 4 10 btl,ssd fully loaded,and probably still have money to spare.im just not sure if i would be happy with 2 w7 and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what 4 10btl ssd would sound like compared in ported box,also i have a chevy avalanche and the large cab makes it harder to get more sound pressure,but i got about 7 cubic ft to work whith in the bed.

id go with the w7's. they are by far one of the best sq subs out there. and they can get pretty loud too. we had a pt cruiser doin 150.1 at the head rest with two w7 13's and two pdx 1000 alpine amps.

Ride-1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited Edition

Head Unit-Alpine iXA-W404

Front Speakers-Memphis M-Class 6 1/2 Oversize

Subs-2 DC Lvl 4xl 15's

Amps-2 Sundown 3500d's

Batteries-2 Batcap 2000's

240 amp Iraggi Alternator

Wiring-Memphis 0 Gauge Kit

Extra-Compustar Alarm/Remote Start/Keyless Entry

STOP! Don't touch your system or think about changing it now! First you should consult with more people on this forum before dropping another dime. Secondly, The fact you said buy ANOTHER "custom" box scares me especially since it's expensive... MDF is like 35 a sheet here... and you can build them yourself easily just takes time. Now I'm no expert on here, but thats just my input....

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

so are u thinking of getting 4 ssd's or 4 btl's. they are two different models from the company fi

4 fi ssd's im happy whith my sound quality but it just doesnt pound that hard.

You can go to a car audio store and find out how much they charge, and if you can get a design on here with it, and ask them to build to your specs.. should be around 200-250 if they use their material

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones