Sonic Electronix

why is my voltage dropping liike this??

alright as some might know i have a 18" solo w/ 4000wrms. big 3 and all that..just installed my 260 alt yesterday..volts are high but here is the thing... when normal low bass hits it sounds good and my volts are normal..but when this high bass hits (that doesnt seem to affect my sub ) it drops my volts below 10. i believe my box is tuned to 32 or 35 hrtz. for example listen to this song.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NevdQ4yjcM its e40 - back in business..the low bass hits great..then there is this high part in there and that is the one causing my volts to drop incredibly! is this due to tuning from box? or a setting i need to adjust on my amp or something? any info would help. thanks! other song i like that i cant really listen to due to this is too short - gangsters and strippers..hopefully i can get this solved with the help of someone on here :) thanks!

Edited by Zach_530

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

1 Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW (4000wrms)

All 1/0 Wiring

2 250 Amp Circuit Breakers

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

I hope you have some sort of rear battery bank. 4K watts and 1ohm are very hard on electrical. Yes, I know you have a 260a alt, but you still need a reserve for the amp to draw from I.E....BATT BANK

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

start with a big 3 so your batteries can draw more current, if you dont have extra batteries then look in to getting some, i see you live close to me i can refer you to a place with cheap C&D batteries if you want to pic some up it all depends on how many you buy for a better deal..

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

How many batteries you got?

right now only one yellowtop in the front..had a hc600 but that was before my new alt..

start with a big 3 so your batteries can draw more current, if you dont have extra batteries then look in to getting some, i see you live close to me i can refer you to a place with cheap C&D batteries if you want to pic some up it all depends on how many you buy for a better deal..

that would be cool if u could hook me up with some info on those batts..im definately looking for some in the back!

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

All 1/0 Wiring

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

he already has done the bigIII......reading is fundamental :clapping:

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

i had that issue on my old truck, i made a thread about it but it seems that the higher notes are more strenuous on your batt/alts

Is there a certain amount of power where this kicks in? My subs and amp play the higher end notes way better than the lower ones and it doesn't dim my lights or drop my voltage at all on the higher notes like the low notes do. By high I mean around the 38-45hz or so and by low I mean about 27-34hz and the amp is prob. doing about 450rms @1ohm on a stock batt/alt(105)

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

i had that issue on my old truck, i made a thread about it but it seems that the higher notes are more strenuous on your batt/alts

i wonder why?

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

All 1/0 Wiring

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

With a single 270ah alt and a single battery up front powering your system and you wonder why your dropping volts, with what you have you really need around 650ah worth of battery and or alt supplying your needs. Its better to go overkill on electrical then being short.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2