UnderLoK Posted May 27, 2013 Author Report Posted May 27, 2013 So I wanted to get it playing yesterday... So the wiring turned into an absolute mess as I have to remake all the power runs to the amps. Also we strapped the 4500s and the output was TERRIBLE, I was about to blow a gasket as it sounded about as loud as it was. So we tried other RCAs, amps one by one, and then unstrapped them and WTF is it loud... lol Then the rear rack was wanging so we had to get that sorted out as well, yesterday wound up being a full day again. Charging up the bank yesteday I fucked up my one knee pretty good so was time to bust out the cart to move theses In! I was zero help putting these in, I've been fucking up my knee more and more the past week so it was a good thing I didn't even hear a sound other then the impact going off so I guess Andy was in beast mode lol When it still looked clean... now it's a mess on the right side... As I said it's pretty damn loud, but the best part is, they sound alot more like the SMDs did. Hopefully get some more play time on them today to get a better opinion, but very happy so far. I unloaded them full tilt around 20 hz and they laugh... lol Did a half ass gain match and gain set yesterday so hopefully I can get that done today. It was gaining all the way through the knob so I think the gain has more to go still... Will see later This video is all jacked up because I was trying to do 3 things at once and record so... lol Rear voltage didn't dip below 12.9 God I'm getting old, fucking 37 today... Wow... Yea supposed to go out on the boat with some friends, but my knee is fucked up and I wanna work on my truck. decisions, decisions... If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
CortezDTV Posted May 27, 2013 Report Posted May 27, 2013 SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
UnderLoK Posted May 27, 2013 Author Report Posted May 27, 2013 Completely OT, but um... Just saw this video, I need to pickup this track for Slamology, looks like a great demo song.... BYWAHAHAHAH If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
CortezDTV Posted May 27, 2013 Report Posted May 27, 2013 Um is that a 59 or a 60 I spy in the garage Convertible? Very sexy! SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
AA98hoe Posted May 27, 2013 Report Posted May 27, 2013 Moar vids an turn that shit up and happy birthday bro TEAM DC AUDIO VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop HEADUNIT:alpine 9886 PREAMP:arcaudio FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4 REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back BATTERIES:6-d1400s TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.
dolarbilz Posted May 27, 2013 Report Posted May 27, 2013 Happy birthday take day off go on boat with friends!
CortezDTV Posted May 27, 2013 Report Posted May 27, 2013 Couldn't agree more with what bill said go have run it's ur birthday, happy birthday Thoes beast will be there when you get back So how ba was the unloading at 20 hz? A fair bit below ur tuning Can u just add a little length to thoes areos a little so that won't happen? Or just wait and rebuild? SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
UnderLoK Posted May 27, 2013 Author Report Posted May 27, 2013 Happy birthday take day off go on boat with friends! Was going to, but the wife is going without me, one day of rest should do it some good, plus it's a whopping 60 out and drizzle so I don't think it's going to be the best day out to be on the river Looking good, Nice truck i have the same exact truck with the same exact rims haha. Black Factory Reproduction 22's? These rims are way better than I thought they would be, just took the deal they had on Trailvoy that included the Hancooks. Um is that a 59 or a 60 I spy in the garage Convertible? Very sexy! 61 6 window sedan DeVille. Couldn't agree more with what bill said go have run it's ur birthday, happy birthday Thoes beast will be there when you get back So how ba was the unloading at 20 hz? A fair bit below ur tuning Can u just add a little length to thoes areos a little so that won't happen? Or just wait and rebuild? Oh it was unloaded, but I was trying to gauge the flex on the amp rack above the battery rack without freaking out Andy's neighbors. It was 20hz, not like 28, 20... The aeros could go back further, but I'm waiting to see how it does as is before thinking about tearing it out or extending the aeros. I think the lowest I can go without loosing a port is around 32. We added 3/4 birch to the span of the back wall, attached the steel cage to the wall, secured the cage to the floor using 3/4 bolts through 1/8" plate to the factory hold down locations, and added 3/4 birch panels around the sub holes. The wall is definitely more stout than it was. If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
fox_racin4 Posted May 27, 2013 Report Posted May 27, 2013 If you wanna try more power I know someone with a couple 4500s Also never strap the amp!! Always an issue 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.