Sonic Electronix

How to run the Big 3 from the backseat....

Okay, i have a 99 cadillac sls... my battery is underneath the rear passanger side seat... exactly how am i supposed to run the big 3 upgrade like this... I'm in the process of adding 4 12" type r's, right now i only have a pdx1.1000 to power them but soon im gonna be running about 2500 rms and adding a kinetic battery to the setup... the Big 3 is something that HAS TO BE DONE... just wondering the easiest way to go about doing this...

The big 3 is done the exact same way, you just need longer wires than most other do.

the alternator +12 to the battery +12 needs to be upgraded, the battery ground needs to be upgraded, and then the engine block to frame ground needs to be upgraded.

very simple to do.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Your just gonna end up running long lengths of 1/0. Do it the same way though. Run 1/0 from alt to batt with a fuse at each end. Then run ground from engine to batt, then ground batt to chassis/frame. Same concept just longer wire

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Your just gonna end up running long lengths of 1/0. Do it the same way though. Run 1/0 from alt to batt with a fuse at each end. Then run ground from engine to batt, then ground batt to chassis/frame. Same concept just longer wire

^^ the only thing i would suggest doing differently is what i bolded above.

all that is needed is an upgraded engine block to frame ground. you do not need to connect the engine ground directly to the battery. thats the whole point of upgrading the frame to battery ground.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Damn joobles beat me!

Ahh that makes sense. Ya I agree just ground to frame. Good catch

Edited by baaudio

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

What exactly is a Big 3 upgrade?

Larger wire running directly to and from your alternator. The larger wire has less Resistance which in turn makes your alternator more efficient. Helps with dimming lights and such with smaller systems, If you have a BIG system don't expect this upgrade to fix your voltage issues. For that you need a High-output alternator and some batteries.

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

i dont think imma have too much to need an extra battery just yet... 4 alpine type r 12's and only a pdx 1.1000 so far, looking for something 2500 rms at 2 ohms.... but i do think my alt is on its way out so that will be getting upgraded when the money is right