Must gain dB's

Ok i have an 01 Suburban with 4 18" HDC3's inverted into this box

4hdc184-1.jpg

I have two alts (130a and 240a) I also have an MLA that has the H/L switch

I have three runs of 1/0 from the front to back.

I have 2 HC800's

I have 2 HC2400's

My voltage stays in the 15's when i have the idle up at and the system is full tilt.

My amps are Cadence C5's. 5100 @ 1 ohm or when bridged 10,200w @ 2ohms.

I went to a comp on saturday and was only able to pull off a 150.2dB @ 36 Hz

Any ideas here, I was hoping for more. More like a 153. What can I do?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Do your amps REALLY do 10200 RMS? You could try a bigger box with a bigger port but be careful the subs may not like that.

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

I cant see a new box in my near future. I guess I am looking for things that I can to do modify the current setup.

As far as power goes, these are not cheap amps. Have I put a clamp on them? No, but I have been told by a few people to are true to Cadence, that I can expect them to perform as they should.

edit: not to mention that these rating are at 14.4v and my truck sits at 15.3-15.6v

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

little things you can do to gain DB are close all of your vents, flip your visors forward, fold your passenger seat forward and put the headrest down (this causes a pocket which traps air right at the meter) anything helps

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

also I dont know if this mattered much but that score was in the center of the windshield about 4 inches from the base of the windshield but only about an inch or so from the actual dash

d(-__-)b

how far is the port from the back?

did you double check the wiring?

you should also clamp it to see how much rise is going on.

if you have enough rise you can wire the subs down real low and do a burp.

I wire my tsns 18 to my sundowns strapped at .5 to burp in the 50s

considering the rise your probably getting that 150.2 is pretty impressive with that your running and at that freq. any pics of the actual box, may be able to improve on parts inside the box

by 45ing the back corner and the fron above the port, as well as rounding up the top of the port

considering the rise your probably getting that 150.2 is pretty impressive with that your running and at that freq. any pics of the actual box, may be able to improve on parts inside the box

by 45ing the back corner and the fron above the port, as well as rounding up the top of the port

I built it just like you designed it :D has a 45 in the back on the bottom and one right above the port.

The box is doubled on all sides, I did not recess teh top baffle. the only bracing is the 2x4 bracing.

d(-__-)b

how far is the port from the back?

did you double check the wiring?

you should also clamp it to see how much rise is going on.

if you have enough rise you can wire the subs down real low and do a burp.

I wire my tsns 18 to my sundowns strapped at .5 to burp in the 50s

this is what I was wanting to do anyway, but with 4 D1 subs i can go as low as .5 ohm. That has me worried tho being that my amps are bridged and are not recommended to go lower than 2 ohms. Wish I could get them to a 1 ohm load.

d(-__-)b

port flex ? is the port braced if it flexes it can kill your numbers also how far are you from rear gate try to stay 5" or so off it if you can .

sealed up on the termlab mic on dash 4-sa12"s 2-3500d's 153.4db now testing a american bass 1100.1 no numbers yet 300amp iraggi alt and kinetik batts.

Archived