So I was sitting at a stop light..

how i look at it, when you are driving and your sitting still, your car is almost like your house.. would you want some one outside blasting their loud ass music right in front of your house? even if its for 1 min it gets annoying...

we audio enthusiasts make up like 5% of the world, the rest of the 95% hate us because we quake shit around us.

It makes us look bad for the most part, because to 95% of the population its disrespectful. I turn mine down to like vol 2 because even at vol 8 its still pretty loud, and im doing 155ish at low 30hzs, doesnt mean im going to play it at stop lights because i can.

i honestly dont find that annoying. and it happens A LOT. there are parties at my house almost every other day, not drunken college parties, but people from different social classes, and the music is always turned up. even when its not, people pull inot my driveway with their systems turned up, windows down, volume crsanked. i honestly do not find it disrespectful.

i mean, saying we can but always shouldnt doesnt really sound like a reason to consider it disrespect. the way i see it, if it was truly disrespectful you wouldnt even bump to show down some wannabe challenger. but you do, not always, and obvioulsy rarely, but you do. you may find it annoying, so do many others. but annoying doesnt equal disrespect.

i consider fat, obese people wearing tight and revealing clothing annoying and something i dont want to see...but i dont consider it disrespecting me

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

TeamHT, just do what you want. Their are tons of people out there that don't care if they piss people off, go ahead and be one of them. But then there are some of us, that are respectful to people and chose not to piss everybody on the road off. Yes a lot of us and put a decent amount of money into our systems, so we should get to use it right? Go ahead and blare it, we just decided on suitable places to do it at. Sorry to tell you this, but not everybody in this world likes the same music that you do, so why in the world do you think they want to listen to your music at a stop light? Because T.I. says it in a song it's cool I guess? Just do what you want, you can be one of the dicks at the light, or you can be more respectful to people at the light and not force them to listen to your music.

On another note about me: I never bump at a stop light, volume is always on about 5 out of 62, bass knob all the way down. Even when I do turn it up when traffic starts moving again, volume only goes to about 20 and bass knob still stays all the way down. Only time I'll ever turn it up at a stop light, is if I pull up next to somebody, they are blaring their music, and I am in a not so jolly mood.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

so what you are saying is that you are inconsiderate... and just because it doesnt bother you it doesnt matter..

Honestly, thats all i got from your post.

Go talk to any one who isnt with in your little crew that you hang with, people who do not have a system.. or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPKpQAUL4B8

obviously its annoying to alot of people, because of people that have no respect for others...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Dude is going to do whatever the hell he wants and it he doesn't care what you think about it. Who gives a shit?

You can't fix stupid

TeamHT, just do what you want. Their are tons of people out there that don't care if they piss people off, go ahead and be one of them. But then there are some of us, that are respectful to people and chose not to piss everybody on the road off. Yes a lot of us and put a decent amount of money into our systems, so we should get to use it right? Go ahead and blare it, we just decided on suitable places to do it at. Sorry to tell you this, but not everybody in this world likes the same music that you do, so why in the world do you think they want to listen to your music at a stop light? Because T.I. says it in a song it's cool I guess? Just do what you want, you can be one of the dicks at the light, or you can be more respectful to people at the light and not force them to listen to your music.

On another note about me: I never bump at a stop light, volume is always on about 5 out of 62, bass knob all the way down. Even when I do turn it up when traffic starts moving again, volume only goes to about 20 and bass knob still stays all the way down. Only time I'll ever turn it up at a stop light, is if I pull up next to somebody, they are blaring their music, and I am in a not so jolly mood.

ha ha ha ha ha, thanks for making me laugh

and heres why. i have a different point of view. im asking why, instead youre reasons are: doing so makes you a dick, youre disrespecting, or pushing your music onto other people.

i forgot that bass was limited to a SPECIFIC type of music. i listen to everything from the isley brothers, tim mcgraw, to mozart, and lil wayne. bass has nothing to do with what kind of music i listen to, and thank you for allowing me to do what i do already. i dont care if you believe me to be a dick of it, that wasnt the point of my questions which you went right over.

im only trying to understand your point of view.

so what you are saying is that you are inconsiderate... and just because it doesnt bother you it doesnt matter..

Honestly, thats all i got from your post.

Go talk to any one who isnt with in your little crew that you hang with, people who do not have a system.. or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPKpQAUL4B8

obviously its annoying to alot of people, because of people that have no respect for others...

and all i get from your post is youre too simple to explain why. im not trying to disrespect anyone, im not even trying to argue. im trying to debate "why". if you cant tell me WHY its disrespectful then just say so. i thought i would find out more information as to why you think so. people who think it is never get past, youre a dick with no respect for anyone, your fellow man, a nuisance, a bad mark on the audiophile community. and yet...no reasons as to why. im simply trying to understand why you think its disrespectful

we have told you dude, if you even watch the video it tells you why, i took the time to show you that video in hopes you would watch it and learn something from it. It bothers people, if you know it or not it does. but you live in alaska and i guess its different there then in any other state in the states.

You are going to keep doing what you want to do reguardless, It aint gonna change with you.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

and all i get from your post is youre too simple to explain why. im not trying to disrespect anyone, im not even trying to argue. im trying to debate "why". if you cant tell me WHY its disrespectful then just say so. i thought i would find out more information as to why you think so. people who think it is never get past, youre a dick with no respect for anyone, your fellow man, a nuisance, a bad mark on the audiophile community. and yet...no reasons as to why. im simply trying to understand why you think its disrespectful

Seriously? You don't understand why it bothers people? I know a lot of stupid people frequent this place, but surely none of you are this clueless.

Anyways, I'll play along. It's because the music is tremendously loud. 9 out of 10 people don't enjoy insanely loud music and to force them to "deal with it" is disrespectful.

Personally I don't care what you do, but please don't act as if you're too stupid to comprehend something that's obviously black on white in it's clarity...

You can't fix stupid

ha ha ha ha ha, thanks for making me laugh

and heres why. i have a different point of view. im asking why, instead youre reasons are: doing so makes you a dick, youre disrespecting, or pushing your music onto other people.

i forgot that bass was limited to a SPECIFIC type of music. i listen to everything from the isley brothers, tim mcgraw, to mozart, and lil wayne. bass has nothing to do with what kind of music i listen to, and thank you for allowing me to do what i do already. i dont care if you believe me to be a dick of it, that wasnt the point of my questions which you went right over.

im only trying to understand your point of view.

I never said bass was limited to a specific genre of music. Just because you listen to country doesn't mean everybody else at that stop light likes country, same goes for rap, rock, hardcore, etc. All I'm saying, is just do what you want, nobody can stop you, and I am not trying to stop you from doing it.

I am just saying, I don't do it because I don't want people to listen to the same music as me at stop lights, plus I don't like advertising to thieves, nor do I like getting tickets and my car being towed. And in MY eyes I see it disrespectful to play music at a loud volume as others can hear it. I don't want to hear their music, so why should I make them hear mine? Just how I see it in my eyes. And I know people in real life that are like you, that don't find it disrespectful, I don't try to stop them, they can go ahead and piss whoever they want off and run the risk of getting a ticket, fine by me.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Seriously? You don't understand why it bothers people? I know a lot of stupid people frequent this place, but surely none of you are this clueless.

Anyways, I'll play along. It's because the music is tremendously loud. 9 out of 10 people don't enjoy insanely loud music and to force them to "deal with it" is disrespectful.

Personally I don't care what you do, but please don't act as if you're too stupid to comprehend something that's obviously black on white in it's clarity...

i never said i didnt know why it bothered people. if you can find that in my post id like to see it. im asking why its disrespectful

so youre opinion is that being loud and forcing it on others is disrespectful. why? normally i find when people attack a person its because they have a hard time attacking the point. yes, loud is annoying. i still do not see how thats disrespectful. my mum has a loud voice. should she whisper 24/7? should i remove my exhaust systems? lol, whats so different at a redlight?

i find things SO many people do annoying, even aggravating. i dont consider it disrespect. and my point is not to change anyones actions, in the same way you wont change mine. im only grasping for some common ground.

Archived