yea, i didnt read the fine print, major fail on my part, but i know that led's hardly draw any current so you might be fine with the 6 amp one, the first one you were checking out on ebay which does more than just strobe and you get remotes...i would just research the lights you already have and add up the current draw off all of them..it should be written on the packaging or the light housings somewhere...i think it wouldnt exceed 6 amps...good luck man

ok so if my math is right each 10mm led takes .35 amps of current while each 5mm led takes .20, so i have 36 5mm leds and 8 10mm leds so i need at least 10.2 amps, that is if my math is right, so the 6 amp one will not work.

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

What is the brand of the kit you have now?

or maybe a pic of the bad controller.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

What is the brand of the kit you have now?

or maybe a pic of the bad controller.

thats the kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6x9-LED-Strobe-Security-Police-Lightbar-Dash-Lights-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3ca0b9eafdQQitemZ260394576637QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

plus the 8 10mm leds (2 in each tail, and 2 in each headlight)

the controller didnt power any of them at all..maybe the runs were too long idk, but when i was checking it to make sure the wires were still all good i squeezed to hard and broke it in half (thats what i get for goin chinese) so i need a new box, i emailed plasmaled and will see what they say

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Ways-LED-Light-Flasher-Flash-Strobe-Controller-Box-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e5be4bd98QQitemZ130390736280QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

this one says it will do 100 led's a channel but it dosnt give me a amperage rating

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

thats the kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6x9-LED-Strobe-Security-Police-Lightbar-Dash-Lights-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3ca0b9eafdQQitemZ260394576637QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

plus the 8 10mm leds (2 in each tail, and 2 in each headlight)

the controller didnt power any of them at all..maybe the runs were too long idk, but when i was checking it to make sure the wires were still all good i squeezed to hard and broke it in half (thats what i get for goin chinese) so i need a new box, i emailed plasmaled and will see what they say

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Ways-LED-Light-Flasher-Flash-Strobe-Controller-Box-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e5be4bd98QQitemZ130390736280QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

this one says it will do 100 led's a channel but it dosnt give me a amperage rating

wait- can that strobe control box be used on any LED's or only specific strobe lights? I can have me some good old illegal fun.

yo, i dont know which one you ended up buying, i just had one more idea for ya if it didnt work out for ya....you could use the first one from ebay with the remotes(6 amp one)....and an automotive relay a 30 to 40 amp one......you could wire the module up positive 12v and ground, send the output of the module to the 85 side of the relay, ground the 86 side....send 12 volts to bottom 30, and wire all your positive wires from your leds to the 87 of the relay....pretty much when you hit the buttons on the key fob it will trigger the relay, mimicking the module, and there ya go problem solved...i dont know why it took me so long to think of this one......