Second Skin Audio

need input for a chevy corsica!!!!!!!!!

ive got two 15" fosgate punch powers facing the trunk with the port facing the seats. i had the box facing the other ay before but now its abit louder. has anyone put a box with subs facing up and port facing the seats? i dont have the money to keep building boxs to try them out. i am looking for some advice on setups people have had in those cars. its a 1993 chevy corsica with a 3.1L are there any tricks to keep the ass end from rattling?? any help would be apreciated. thanks

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

LOL.... Im about to buy a 93 from my neighbor...... I'll start building a groung pounder out of it and let you know.

Go to home depot and get some peel and stick for the trunk. Cheap but it works better than nothing

Steven

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

LOL.... Im about to buy a 93 from my neighbor...... I'll start building a groung pounder out of it and let you know.

Go to home depot and get some peel and stick for the trunk. Cheap but it works better than nothing

Steven

Groundpounding Corsica FTW!!

ive got some peal and seal already. its doing ok. but i want to get some second skin for it. oh ok cool. what are you gonna put in it?

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

i had a 94 and they rattle like a mofo lol its a pain to stop them all. underneath the car rattled even. facing rear worked best for me, by ear not meter and if ya can or want to id face forward sealed form the trunk, that way it will reduce rattles in the trunk. otherwise greatstuff the open spots and deaden the shiznit out of til the rattles stop or ease up.

i was running 2 MTX8302s and a pair of punch HX2 12s too

Edited by cracker

oh ok thanks. what did best for the meter? the problem is i dont have enough room between the wheelwells to put the subs and the port. and i dont wanna put those in a sealed box so then the only other choice to reduce rattles would be to put them forward and the port thru the rear deck.

i never got any metering done with that car but you sound like ya have a good idea there mang. ha them wheel wells can be a bish dealing with bigger than 12s for sure

I had a 92, man that car pounded, I took silicon to and sealed all the lights together, and put bubble wrap under the plate and that really helped, also lining the trunk will help a lot to...I had two 12's in a slot port (prefab)SPL box subs and port rear facing, with only maybe 500 wts, but the car was thin the sound traveled so well inside it...man that thing got down...

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

I had a '93 like 10yrs ago

I had 3 JL 12's DVC W3's in it....

Subs facing back

Port through the rear deck

Components on the far side of the rear deck pointed towards the mirror

3/4 mdf cut to fit behind the rear seat, 3/4 mdf to match up in the trunk and bolted together..... great stuff to fill the gaps

the box was built into the trunk so the numbers are not perfect, but it slammed.

I'll make a build log on the new one... "NEW 93 Corsica"

Steven

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

• 2 weeks later...

im actualy working on the box again. ive got it sealed up and am adding two baffles. so the magnet doesnt screw with the port as much. i had to cut a chunk of the port out since i didnt think about the magnet and the port space. i took the tail lights off and seen how easy it is to take the rest off so when i do get my new amp im gonna take all that off and put it on one piece at a time and fix the rattles as they come. i might have gotten the trunk to seal up abit better but i wont know till i get the amp. the car is quiet compared to the durango. the durango slammed with two differnt 15's in there own boxs and the same amp. i got roof flex with the durango and other stuff. i loved that but this car has none and the roof is weak as hell. i am eventualy getting 3 to 4 sundown sa-12's. i know that thing will slam the the sundown 1500d im getting. im gonna take and make a single piece mdf panel for the rear deck. ive got some alpine 5x7 2 ways and two other tweeters. then up front ive got some 6x9's in the kicks. right now everything is being finished up and whatnot. and sugestions on any ways to do stuff in the corsica? after i get it painted i am going to caulk the gaps on the ass and. ive got bike innertubes folded up and taped between the bumper and the trim piece. that stopped alot of rattle.