There not made out of vomit. For some damn reason that is how the strips of inter-tube came out with the silicone. Something wasn't just right. but it worked well. If I would have had a run to shove up under the surround before gluing it to the cone it would have looked a lot better.

But here is where I stand

I have the slugs figured out for the new one I am going to build (thanks to a pair of Boston Audio 12.5LF's). Problem is I need to figure out how to extend the pole piece though to get more excursion. Also I am attempting to come up with a better design for the surround. It was a botch to glue each damn strip of inter-tube together with silicone!!

Rubber bands as the spyder. lol bad-ass.

Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen

Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3

Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge

Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

Would some type of weather stripping work?

Im not sure. It will have to be really pliable and be lightweight.

Rubber bands as the spyder. lol bad-ass.

Yea best I could come up with at the time worked really good alot better than I thought it would have. I had a total of 12 rubber bands on it. Six on each plane.

At first I had 6 thicker ones but man the suspension was tight as shit.

bro you got to much time on your hands, but still cool to look at, crazy thing is it looks like it would never work

x2

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

You have to much time on your hands dude, but interesting post non the less

Well it finally died on me. Didn't like a QSC RMX 2450 too much. But the coil didn't fry. Just came off the damn former.

So V. 2.0 is on its way. Still need to come up with a idea for the pole piece for it. Going for bigger.......much bigger than the 6.5" and a bigger motor structure (no more sony)

And to the guys that say I have too much time on my hands. Yea I totally agree with you. I need a damn job plain and simple. But man there really isnt anything around. So I just sit here all day and night with my 2 year old son coming up with new ideas!

In fact right now he is trying to figure out how to take apart a blown Boston Audio sub as I type this. Damn 2 year old.

Archived