Sonic Electronix

my friend hooked up his stuff this past weekend and gave me a call that his amp blew all the fuses and made his lights start diming after, he later hooked up a second one and said fried. he took it out and you could hear parts moving around on the inside and it smelled horrible. what could be causing this?

Shitty ground. Too low of an ohm load.

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

just when he hooked it up? didnt play it? i would say he has the + and - backwards.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

the first time with first amp it blew em right away, the second time it played for like 2 hours then blew. there as been an amp in there before just not as big as this one would you guys think maybe upsize gauge wire for the ground

depends on what's in there right now & how much he will be pulling. might be fine, might not be. what size is in there & how much power is he going to pull? you should always use cable rated for the load you are trying to pull both + & - . you don't want to starve the amp for power or risk overloading an undersized cable.

list all the details of the setup. amps, subs, how they are wired, all wire sizes, how and where the wires are ran, type of connections, anything else you can think of.

did the 1st amp blow as soon as the wires were hooked up or when they were powered on or as soon as music started or as soon as he turned it up?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i dont know what ohm load its at, he took it to some shop to hook it up for him. its a jl w7 with an alpine PDX 1.1000, now that you guys say it arnt these subs like 3ohm? they guy probably just through wire around and did who knows what with it.im not sure how everything is hooked up and the wire size cus he did all that as well.

a pdx amp will do 1000 watts on any ohm load from 2-4, so it shouldnt be that..

sounds to me like there is a short in the cabin or in the amp. check all of the wires for something that doesnt look right.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel