Sonic Electronix

hey guys the car is a cadillac cts, and im only doing 1 15'' fi q, do you guys think 100 sq ft is enough? 67' x 36'' 80mill thick?

67' x 3' is 201 sq ft. and should be plenty

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

depends on what you classify whats enough.

If it was me, then that would be enought for the trunk only.

If you wanted to do the trunk, floor, roof and all the doors then no that would not be enough.

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

assuming the box is in the trunk.... use all of what you have in the trunk... the trunk lid for sure.....

1. Concentrate on the trunk. It is easier to get to, and as you add power and upgrage speakers you can add deadening as you go, as in the doors, floor headliner.

Use what you have and add more as your budget allows.

Steven

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

100sq/ft did my whole Mercury Mountaineer and that included a double layer of fat mat above the subs.

ebay ad says 2 Rolls of 33.5' L X 18" W

If you have 2 rolls of 33.5" L x 18" W, then that's equal to one roll of EITHER:

33.5" L x 36" W

OR

67" L x 18" W

You would only double one dimension, not both. In your original post, you said it was 67" L x 36" Width, which would be 4 rolls, not 2.

Anyway, a "Trunk Pack" of Damplifier Pro is equal to 20 square feet (probably enough to do the lid), so I'd say 100 square feet of this stuff should be good to do one full layer for your whole trunk.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

damplifier is way to expensive for me, im getting 100 sq ft eighty ml thick of rattle trap by fatmat for $160..it would cost me $260 from damplifier and its only 60ml thick

LOL I wasn't saying get Damplifier, I was just using it as a reference. SecondSkin says 20 sq. feet of their stuff is good for a trunk lid, so 100 sq feet of anybody's stuff should be good for the whole trunk.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt