iPhone $97 At Wal*Mart WHAT!!!!!!!!

couple things were stated that were true. the iphone was a good phone back when it was new and yes it was revolutionary but there are better things out now that make purchasing an iphone as ridiculous as buying a mac... "haha im so edgy i own an apple product". but without getting off topic lets break it down for the "special" users here

Processor Type: Samsung ARM Cortex A8* Processor Speed: 600 MHz Details: *Apple provides no information regarding the iPhone 3GS processor, simply that it is a "closed system", but it is believed to use an ARM Cortex A8 running at 600 MHz (downclocked from 800 MHz). For graphics, it uses a PowerVR SGX graphics processor.

Onboard RAM: 256 MB* Storage Capacity: 16, 32 GB Details: *Apple provides no information regarding the RAM used in the iPhone 3GS, but it is believed to have 256 MB onboard.

Song Capacity: N/A* Photo Capacity: N/A* Details: . USB Support: Sync & Charge Firewire Support: None Details: N/A Connectivity: USB Ports: Dock, Headphone Details: N/A Case Type: Handheld Form Factor: iPhone 3GS Details: N/A Housing Color: Black & White* Controller: Multi-touch Details: *Available with a black glass front and choice of black or white plastic back.

A Built-in Display: 3.5" Color Display Resolution: 320x480 (163 ppi) Details: *The iPhone 3GS has a 3.5" 320 by 480 display (163 ppi) with an "oleophobic" (oil repellent) coating.

Standard Wireless: 802.11b/g* Standard Bluetooth: 2.1+EDR Details: *The iPhone 3GS also supports 3G (UMTS/HSDPA - 7.2 Mbps) and GSM/EDGE networks. Cell Network: 2G/3G* Camera: 3.0 Megapixels**

now lets take this and compare it to lets say the HTC EVO (one of the best androids)

ere are other specs of HTC Evo 4G to be brought to you by Sprint:
  • 4.3-inch high-definition screen
  • Android 2.1 OS
  • HTC Sense (first introduced in HTC Hero) included
  • 1 Ghz Snapdragon Processor
  • 1500 mAh battery
  • Wi-Fi capable
  • 3G/4G mobile hotspot capable
  • Dual Cameras (8MP primary and 1.3MP secondary)
  • GPS-enabled
  • Steroe Bluetooth
  • microSD card slot up to 32GB
  • 3.5mm headset jack and micro USB
  • Proximity and motion sensors
  • Digital Comapss
  • Stylish kickstand for media viewing
  • Mobile HDTV experience
  • Download, view, edit and share HD-Quality content from your phone
  • Slides and Video output: HD (HDMI @ 720p)

and before you say " whell the 3gs is older than the evo which isnt even released yet" so does that mean a windows 95 PC is better than a new PC because it was the best of the best back in the day? no. if your going to spend the cash for a smartphone then do your research and please for the sake of your intelligence don't be a fool of Apples marketing. as far as opensource goes it is the best, for instance what can you do on a jalbroke iphone? ALOT! what can you do on a stock iphone? ALOT LESS thats your difference between open-source and closed.

Summary: the Iphone was the best at its release and im sure company's did copy from it but that's how technology is. there are better things out there so don't be fooled into thinking its something special.

side-note- im not 100% against apple, I own nd swear by my ipod lol

98d60dea.png

01 GMC Sonoma 4x4

RF T1500.1bd

DC LVL 4 12"

Wow I think its hilarious when people hate on something that is so good. The iphone is not garbage at all. Gee where was the design for the droid inspired. How long has the iphone been out? Years..... And every phone maker keeps trying to beat it unsuccessfully. If you havent been able to afford an iphone or youve been stuck in your verizon contract, it doesnt mean you have to bash the iphone to make yourself feel better. Its a great phone.

agreed great phone, find it hilarious that its a bandwagon when its sold more then 50 million units. Android based devices have nothing whatsoever to do with original idea of the thread...so seems like theres rather some haters rather then fanbois

Jailbroken iPhone trumps all... A lot of haters on here i can see. I would wait for the new one then buy someones iPhone who upgraded. Unless your gunna go 4g yourself.

Toyota Avalon

5% Tint

6000k HID

JVC AVX-720 HU

iPhone 3g

2 Memphis 15-MCC5 Component Sets (Front Doors)

2 Memphis 15-MC52 Coaxial (Back Doors)

1 MTX 9500 15" Dual 4 Ohm

Alpine MRP-F240 4 CH. 40 watts RMS (Doors)

MTX 8100.1

SCTD-logo.gifKobalt_-logogif.jpgMTXlogo.gifJVC-Logo-Mobile.jpgstmini_logo.jpgMidlandLogo1_250ph.jpg

Add Me On Facebook.

X2

Kenwood Excelon DDX812 6.95" double din

4 lvl 4 xl 15"

4 RF 1500

2 RF 600.4

2 15-MC5 - Memphis 5.25" 2 Way MClass Coaxial Speakers

2 15-MC92 - Memphis 6 x 9" 2 Way MClass Coaxial Speakers

2 mc memphis tweeters

memphis 16-EQP4 Signal Processors

4 2400 Kinetik

1 1800 Kinetik

iraggi 300

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=42009

1zgb4ld.png

Too lazy to read right now to see if this has been posted, but the reason its cheap is because of the whole new iphone coming out soon. Walmart wants to get rid of these older models. I remember that before the 3G S came out the previous model iphone 8GB was also around that $99 price tag.

As far as how good it is idk, but the i love the ipod touch i have

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

They are both good phones, Neither one is the end all be all.

I have a 3g right now, I like it. I bought it back when they first came out, I can't wait till the new one comes out. I've played around with the other smart phones, If they were available for at&t I might pick up one. If you get a Iphone, Jail break it. Apple locks their shit down, It's retarded. Now, With all this being said, Damn these phones have a lot of fan boy hate going on.

Wow. Totally amazed by the bandwagons being pulled around here!

If you buy the iPhone for $97, you're getting a 3G not a 3GS. The 3G is only SLIGHTLY better than the original iPhone.

As far as android phones... They look good, but from the people that I know that have them; most wish they had an iPhone.

an iphone being merely an ipod touch that you can make calls with? Does your ipod have GPS, 3G data, or a camera? Ah, so it IS more than an iPod

and so what if Apple doesn't release the specs on the iPhone. Does Samsung? LG? Nokia? Motorola? Didn't think so.

There is one thing that Android has that Apple doesn't: FLash. But buggy as hell and crashes most phones, but hey, it has it! LOL

oh, and last time I heard, Androids (now this could have changed) don't work via USB control from the vast majority of head using out there.

Wow. Totally amazed by the bandwagons being pulled around here!

If you buy the iPhone for $97, you're getting a 3G not a 3GS. The 3G is only SLIGHTLY better than the original iPhone.

tell me about it :ehh: yeah thats what they told me when i called its the 3G not the other one so thats a con right there....

Archived