I just didn't want him to compare people not knowing what octane rating means to what the "w" in oil

viscosity ratings mean when he himself was wrong about the w. lol

My bad of getting it mixed up, I sorta in a rant mode. You are right.....

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Here's some useful info for those who like to be cheap and save a few pennies now and then :D you actually do get better gas mileage by never filling over half a tank. Maybe not a huge difference but maybe 1-3mpg. A gallon of gas weighs about 7.5lbs. So say you have a 15 gallon tank. If you only fill half way instead of full that's over 50lbs less of weight for your car to carry. Again. Not a huge money saver but it is there. Ever notice how it seems you go from a full tank to half tank in no time but a half tank to E seems to last forever?

Yeah not really. Every 100 pounds you take out of your car only equals a 1% increase in economy. So if you take that 50 pounds out and you get 20mpg you will get .2 mpg more. Not worth risking issues.

Also, consider that over time your gas tank can and probably will get full of sediment and junk that gets past the filters at the gas station or gets in from other means. As your gas tank gets less full, these become more concentrated, which means more of it could end up going through your filter and possibly (if you're really unlucky like me) to your injectors. So I follow the general rule of not going under 1/4 tank unless I'm in deep financial doo-doo.

Too many projects, too little time...

heres a few good tips, especially on chevy trucks and tahoes.. the fuel pump on these vehicles uses the gas in the tank to cool the pump.. when you run it under 1/4 tank, it gets pissed.. and takes a day off

i ususally fill it up all the way.. when it gets to half i fill it back up.. so it doesn't seem like it impacted my wallet that much

Not to mention, You will burn up your sending unit, Which is not a fun thing to replace on the nbs truck.

My truck hits 1/4, I fill it right back up. If I am not near a gas station or I am near my house and just too lazy to stop before heading home, I'll let it drop between E and 1/4. But I won't let it reach E.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

I do stand corrected. Found a few of the articles I was referring to and ends up they were 3 years old and recently changed their results a little and stated it depended on the engine and car if it would make much, if any of a difference, and then stated the fact that its actually better to keep a tank above 1/2-full since less air in the tank means less evaporation of gas, especially when its hot out. So you actually get more gas for your money if you keep it above half a tank. :good:

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

When I was in high school I wouldn't fill up all the time, mainly due to me not having to much money lol. Now when I fill up it's always to full, unless I am a little short on cash and just put enough in until I get paid.

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

I plan on converting my GMC over to E85 .

the fuel is cheaper, its made by farmers in the USA, less emissions, and supposedly better mileage and performance

Should only cost about $250 - 400 to convert

And if you cant find any e85, you can use regular gas

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived