I'm making a beer pong table that the bottom is going to be covered in beer bottle caps.

Going to be 3' wide 8' long.

It takes 126 caps to cover 1 square foot. So I will need about 3024+ caps to cover the whole thing. I have 330 saved up just from the last two months.

I plan on building it this summer.

I'm using 1/2" plywood for the bottom and 2"x2" for the walls. then for the top I will use something like 1/8" plexi. Might do some LEDs inside too, and figure out a way to make it battery powered.

Only problem I have is how do I make the caps stay down? I don't want to glue each one down. I was thinking of using clear resin and coating it all, but I'm not sure if that will work because of air being trapped under the caps.

Any idea's would be helpful, and if anyone wants to send me caps that would be cool too, I don't want to buy them off eBay or anything though.

Here is 1 square foot.

100_1589.jpg

100_1590.jpg

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

might have to go one by one dude it sucks but itll look sick as hell when its done

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

I would just glue them all down, take some time but will look nice, then lay your plex glass over them. And do some lights if you must. I recommend an auto ball cleaner. My table has one i can tell you how to do it easily. Mine runs of a 110v wall socket thou...

I will do my part and save my caps for ya thou :drink40:

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

might have to go one by one dude it sucks but itll look sick as hell when its done

I really don't want to have to do that though lol.

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

Well whatever you decide brotha just remember there is always those dumb people whom get drunk fast and spill half their beer or water cup on the table during the game. Other people fall into the tables trying to reach across the damn table forgetting the elbow rules. So build that bish strong and water proof.

steven.jpg

well, you could always use a thick coat of wood varnish to seal them in, I once saw a bar where the counter was like that. or glue them to the Plexiglas instead of the table by setting them up on the table then using a spray adhesive on top of the caps then setting the Plexiglas on top of them, you would need a clear drying spray adhesive though... And I'd make bigger walls if I were you. Here's a pic of mine and everyone loves it, it's pretty simple though. 100_0701.jpg

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Make Sure you make it so you can play a 102 cup on it =p

102 Cup

Damn dude, now that's not messing around. BTW there are 78 cups per side in that pic.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Archived