Sonic Electronix

you could have been clipping the crap out of that amp at that gain setting.

If you think it being 1/4 way up would save you, that was your first mistake. . .

how? i never had the volume had up past 22 out of 35. and i had the bass knob up halfway. i know it wasnt clipping.

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

how? i never had the volume had up past 22 out of 35. and i had the bass knob up halfway. i know it wasnt clipping.

you can blow a sub by under powering it. I have my T-1000's being ran at 1.5krms each and they are rated at 1krms never had a problem id never under power my subs id like to say i blew it from to much power then to little

i know it wasnt being underpowered either lol. its a 500rms sub. on a t1000 that does 1139rms at 2 ohms which is what i wired my sub at. i just didnt think it would see taht much power due to low gain.

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

You don't have have to hear it clipping i dont think i could ever hear it when i clipped my L7's the way i did i just smelt the burning smell. But none the less you could have been under power the subs by not tuning the amp correctly

You can hear clipping, but if you are hearing it you are CLIPPING THE SHIT OUT OF IT... and just because your bass nob is at half, and the gain is at 1/4th doesnt mean anything, you can clip shit just from changing the HU settings... the only way to know if you are clipping or not is to get a O scope or a TL and test it...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

It could be several things without seeing it in person. Low voltage, clipping, amp, subs, etc. At a certain volume it becomes really hard to hear slight distortion, especially with rattles increasing with the bass. I'd take it to a shop that can set it right if you're unsure. If it's a burny smell turn it down, if it's like mdf dust you should be fine.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

i also had the sub level on the hu at 5/15 i just really doubt it was clipping. the sub never bottomed out or anything.

1j1450.png

Archived