Sonic Electronix

^^^this is why your the man around here. Idk what it would be like if you didn't assist.

Thanks, but there are other dudes that would assist as well.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

And the reason we build amps with dual + and dual _ speaker outputs its just to have more contact points. So that you can run more coils without having to run them all off of the same itty bitty wire. Now you can have multiple wires to handle the current flow.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

My old Build Log

5 time dB Drag Finalist

What you said does not make sense. if you have 2) 4ohm subs and wire the terminals in parallel together, they will be a 2ohm load.

Now, if you run the wires seperate to a mono amp with 2) terminals, they will still be paralleled to a 2ohm load.

What I said in my previous post is FACT, not my interperatation.

Im not saying what you said was wrong I was just informing him a little deeper on the amp instead of simply stating that +- is same as +-+- when it comes to mono. If you wire a 4 ohm sub and achieve a 2 ohm load and then you wire another 4 ohm sub and achieve a 2 ohm load than how would you be able to use those subs if you only have a 2 ohm stable amp? because if you bring the + from speaker A and wire it with speaker B and bring speaker A - and wire it with speaker B - then you would drop the load of the subs to 1.4 on and ohm reader and the amp is not stable and you would damage both amp and subs. That is why I said if the amp had + - + - then you would do speaker A on the left and speaker B on the right and lets say the amp put out 1400rms at 2 ohms then the amp would send 700 to each sub at a 2 ohm load.

Im not saying what you said was wrong I was just informing him a little deeper on the amp instead of simply stating that +- is same as +-+- when it comes to mono. If you wire a 4 ohm sub and achieve a 2 ohm load and then you wire another 4 ohm sub and achieve a 2 ohm load than how would you be able to use those subs if you only have a 2 ohm stable amp? because if you bring the + from speaker A and wire it with speaker B and bring speaker A - and wire it with speaker B - then you would drop the load of the subs to 1.4 on and ohm reader and the amp is not stable and you would damage both amp and subs. That is why I said if the amp had + - + - then you would do speaker A on the left and speaker B on the right and lets say the amp put out 1400rms at 2 ohms then the amp would send 700 to each sub at a 2 ohm load.

I dont know if I drink too much tonight, or if you are explaining it weird but.

2) 4ohm woofers can only be wired in parallel to a total 2ohm load. It doesnt matter if this connection takes place at the speaker terminals, or at the amp. The lowest ohm load you will ever achieve is 2ohms.

Parallel is + of one speaker connected with + of the other speaker, and both connected to + of the amp.

Same goes for the -

On a mono amp, the 2) + and + are the same terminal, just has 2 connection points to allow for 2 seperate wires to make the act of wiring easier.

If you connect the + of one 4ohm woofer to any of the + terminals, and connect the - of one woofer to any of the - terminals, then connect the + of the other woofer to either the other + of the amp OR the + of the other woofer, and connect the - of that woofer to either the other - of the amp OR the - of the other woofer, you will always have the same 2 ohm total load. Its the same wiring configuration, its both Parallel wiring.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

My old Build Log

5 time dB Drag Finalist

I dont know if I drink too much tonight, or if you are explaining it weird but.

2) 4ohm woofers can only be wired in parallel to a total 2ohm load. It doesnt matter if this connection takes place at the speaker terminals, or at the amp. The lowest ohm load you will ever achieve is 2ohms.

Parallel is + of one speaker connected with + of the other speaker, and both connected to + of the amp.

Same goes for the -

On a mono amp, the 2) + and + are the same terminal, just has 2 connection points to allow for 2 seperate wires to make the act of wiring easier.

If you connect the + of one 4ohm woofer to any of the + terminals, and connect the - of one woofer to any of the - terminals, then connect the + of the other woofer to either the other + of the amp OR the + of the other woofer, and connect the - of that woofer to either the other - of the amp OR the - of the other woofer, you will always have the same 2 ohm total load. Its the same wiring configuration, its both Parallel wiring.

Reading what you wrote and reading what I wrote if you look sideways and squint they are virtually the same thing lol. I see what your saying and if I was able to explain it and not try to type it lol I actually do make sense. LOL I was basically reading over what I wrote and I was like WTF lol but Ya you are correct and I am as well just worded very weirdly lol.