Sundown Audio

Amps For Re Xxx's

Sneak001

What up fellow homie's, new to the forum and had a couple questions for yall,

Sometime in the next few months I will be installing 2 or 3 RE XXX 18's in a buddys ride. We are deciding the best amps for this application. I am thinking on either the Rockford Fosgate T3000.1 or the Kicker KX2500.1 (one amp for each sub). Would either of these work fine? Are they too powerful for these subs? Any reliability issues for either one I should be concerned about? If anyone here has used these amps on XXX's I would like to hear your input and results. Of course we have the big 3 done, and HO alternator already installed. I was thinking of upgrading the batt under the hood to a yellow top and adding 2 PowerMaster D3100's. Should this be sufficient electrical wise? Thanks alot guys and hope to hear from some of you. B)

Do yourself a favor and PM ray about buying those...Not only will you probably pay less, you should get a proper warranty because they are an authorized dealer. I wouldn't buy that expensive of a sub without a real warranty.

Edit: Put these questions in that pm too, he's got a lot of experience with XXX's.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

not to rain on Rays parade or anythign but i think woofers.etc are authorized or RE would have had them drop selling them by now

they are authorized to sell... but I will kill their prices. on any re woofer or amp.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

RAY FTW!!

If I still lived in cali I would have bought mine from him instead on line (I didnt get mine online just saying if those were my choices)

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived