its a dumb question but need a non roasting answer

it's to better provide the whole vehicle with a stronger electrical system. all electronics included since they all share the same electrical system. voltage drop = bad.

Edited by Torres

the batteries a band aid an alt is the fix.

although the battery will help with dimming lights if your planning on using a crap i mean cap.

ha ok

President G-Body Nation C.C. Byram MSyoutube channelHU:7" power acousticSpeakers:all pioneerSubs:2 blown sa e-10samp:2 kicker zx1000.1s

the batteries a band aid an alt is the fix.

although the battery will help with dimming lights if your planning on using a crap i mean cap.

wrong, they are both needed. an alt doesnt react nearly as fast as a battery. but the answer is, a battery does help with headlights dimming but it does more than that. your making sure your electrical system can function with the added current draw.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

As soon as your vehicle + stereo system exceeds the amperage of your alternator you going to get headlight dimming no matter what unless you go HID. A cap is never the cure..extra battery will help but head light will still dim until you get an alternator that will output more amperage then what your vehicle + Stereo needs then you will have dimming.

wrong, they are both needed. an alt doesnt react nearly as fast as a battery. but the answer is, a battery does help with headlights dimming but it does more than that. your making sure your electrical system can function with the added current draw.

^^^^This!

Also, a rear battery will soak up most the current demand from the amp(s), so instead of drawing 200+amps thru your power wire from the front, with the rear battery you will be drawing drastically less, like 50-100 amps. But also very dependent on your amp(s) battery sizes, power wire size and how many runs. Numbers are just as an example.

But that 2nd battery in the rear is giving your electrical system less resistance, and adding to the time length you can bump for.

Most cars will charge a 2nd battery with a stock alternator decently, sometimes even 2 batteries (again dependent of their size), tho some will argue this Im sure. :)

But the way I see it is its better for a stock alternator to cover a 20ish amp load to keep a somewhat half drained group 31 battery charged, then it is for an amp to try and draw countless amperage (80+amps) from a stock alternator which will over work/heat the alt and shorten its life spand until the alt dies.

XS Power are the best batteries IMO. They have a wide variety of oem sized batteries, and then larger batteries to put in your trunk or where ever.

www.4xspower.com

www.summitracing.com and www.jegs.com carry these batteries too.

Also most higher end alternator companies are carrying this brand too, maybe possible to get a better combo price if you buy both.