Well guys. This one isn't going to fit. After about an hour of removing panels, pushing/pulling the box, I couldnt get it to work with me. I'm going to try to salvage as much wood from this box as I can, because I don't have enough money to buy more wood.

I almost cried when I finally stopped denying it and accepted my fate. BTW I was forced to try to load this thing and test fit by myself, couldnt find anyone around to help.

I guess this means you guys get a fresh build log outta me though. I was trying to avoid doing separate boxes, but shit happens when you're an idiot and don't take all things into account. I'm so bummed out right now I couldn't even tell you. Wasted $50 in wood, a full bottle of titebond, and 3 full days of work, not to mention all the blood sweat and tears that go into building a box this big.

I would hate to do a sealed wall, so thats not happening, I just have to figure out how to put 8 12's on a flat surface (gonna leave the clamshell idea in history) along with a port. If anyone has any ideas let me know...

sorry guys...i aint givin up though..

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

damn...i hurried from work just just to see this build too.

i have an idea!! how about you do a double wall...like how steve is doing the Caddy?

Four subs on each side facing each other?

I know, it's a good thing I took his advice, or else I would have wasted more time and wood. So thanks chevy...and forvrbumpn...

But I have a new plan. Two boxes this time so that I know itll fit. 4 subs on top of 4, no clamshell...there will be literally no room between the subs, but thats life. Box will be 22 inches deep, same port size. Port will be on the bottom of the box. This way will be MUCH easier to make a trim panel for, and I won't have to invert 4 of the subs...Still a little scarred (not scared, scarred) from the first build, but I gotta get back on the horse. I considered a CRX style, but I still really want a wall. It'll be badass, I just need another day or two. Fuck it if I can get enough wood and glue together I'm building this shit tonight. Gettin aggro on it.

Subwoofer Wall

I know, it's a good thing I took his advice, or else I would have wasted more time and wood. So thanks chevy...and forvrbumpn...

But I have a new plan. Two boxes this time so that I know itll fit. 4 subs on top of 4, no clamshell...there will be literally no room between the subs, but thats life. Box will be 22 inches deep, same port size. Port will be on the bottom of the box. This way will be MUCH easier to make a trim panel for, and I won't have to invert 4 of the subs...Still a little scarred (not scared, scarred) from the first build, but I gotta get back on the horse. I considered a CRX style, but I still really want a wall. It'll be badass, I just need another day or two. Fuck it if I can get enough wood and glue together I'm building this shit tonight. Gettin aggro on it.

so i take it you don't like my idea. :(

Sean man that sucks..I hate that your box didn't fit..I felt kinda bad when you said you were working on it by yourself..Man wish I was closer, I would help ya out....Build again, don't let it whoop ya..Thats what I tell myself everytime I do something and it tries to whoop me up..

I was barely able to slide it thru the back hatch, but I had to do it sideways because its so tall, and then it wouldnt rotate. I'm rebuilding it in two parts this time, but itll still have one airspace. You'll see. But I have most of the top half built. I would do more but it's a lil late to be usin power tools...Pics comin soon, Im gonna go get drunk right now...Gotta let off some steam.

Subwoofer Wall

Archived