Sonic Electronix

i have 4 dc level 3 12's with brand new dual 4 recones. i tried to hook them up to test them and one sub is acting funny. they are wired in paralel so the ohm load should be .5 ohms. 3 of the subs respond fine but one of them is moving much more than the others. both coils on this sub is fine but for some reason it moves like its only getting power through one coil. what could be the problem here?

6 dc level 3 12's

digital designs Z1A

pioneer h/u

4 sets of rockford 6.5's

crunch 1600.4

Mechman 270a alt

kinetik hc2400 (soon to be xs power d3100)

xs power 3400 (under the hood)

lots of 1/0

i have 4 dc level 3 12's with brand new dual 4 recones. i tried to hook them up to test them and one sub is acting funny. they are wired in paralel so the ohm load should be .5 ohms. 3 of the subs respond fine but one of them is moving much more than the others. both coils on this sub is fine but for some reason it moves like its only getting power through one coil. what could be the problem here?

Have you used a DMM to check each coil? Make sure each coil reads ok, then check the readings as you wire them in parallel to make sure you have them wired correctly, including polarity.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

Have you used a DMM to check each coil? Make sure each coil reads ok, then check the readings as you wire them in parallel to make sure you have them wired correctly, including polarity.

Exactly check the resistance of each sub as you wire it up, and all of then together to make sure each is at 2 ohms and each coil is at 4 ohms

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

:werd_msword:

im with this guy.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i have checked each coil individually and they all read 4.4. wired them together two at a time and the all read 1.4. just one by itself in parelel it reads 2.4 and with all of them wired together they read .8. all coils are perfectly fine. i have no idea why its doing this. i even tried wireing them in series witch comes out to a 2 ohm load when they're all wired together and i still get the same result. one random sub goens retarded.

6 dc level 3 12's

digital designs Z1A

pioneer h/u

4 sets of rockford 6.5's

crunch 1600.4

Mechman 270a alt

lots of 1/0

i have checked each coil individually and they all read 4.4. wired them together two at a time and the all read 1.4. just one by itself in parelel it reads 2.4 and with all of them wired together they read .8. all coils are perfectly fine. i have no idea why its doing this. i even tried wireing them in series witch comes out to a 2 ohm load when they're all wired together and i still get the same result. one random sub goens retarded.

That one sub that reads 2.4, you are saying that both coils individually read 4.4, but the 2 coils in parallel reads 2.4. But the rest of them read 4.4 individually and 1.4 in parallel? The 2.4 reading sounds more correct than the other 3 since it is closer to 1/2 of the individual measurements. Maybe you need to take the wiring out of the equation. Take a couple lengths of cable and use them to test each speaker individually. Wire the coils in parallel, measure. Then take that same wire off of that speaker and go to the next, and so on and so on. Something is not right.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

no i meant if i wire two subs together in paralel they read 1.4. my bad i just read it back to myself and its confusing the way i worded it. in shor i have wired all the subs in every possible combination and they all read fine, coils are fine. still the same result though.

6 dc level 3 12's

digital designs Z1A

pioneer h/u

4 sets of rockford 6.5's

crunch 1600.4

Mechman 270a alt

lots of 1/0

Archived