Sonic Electronix

whats more important, db or massive air movement

believe it or not but lower freqs are louder to the ear...you "feel" more of the pressure at 30hz than 40hz if the system really does play LOOW..

I second this,

I find that when you listen to say 30Hz, it is a lot louder "feeling" then 55Hz but only because it is more intense.

I like lows better than anything. "The Bass Monster" by Psyph Morrison has my favorite kind of lows in it.

I LOVE being able to feel each sound wave... instead of like 50Hz that hurts your ears.

airmovement is more important most people judge how loud it is by how much there clothes are moving or how good the "massage" is from the seats shaking.

F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap

airmovement is more important most people judge how loud it is by how much there clothes are moving or how good the "massage" is from the seats shaking.

i hear ya,,just seeing all the doors flexing like their about to blow open, and the roof jumpin up and down 3 inches.. and the steering wheel wobble is great,,its just so much better than saying ..ha ha i beat you by .2

but also a lot of people judge how loud a system is by how much damage it does,,this can also be misleading,,some cars or trucks are just not built as good as others,,or just the way they are designed,limits flex or causes more flex,,one guys two 18s in a jeep may flex the car a lot more than the four 18s in someones tahoe,,but if you were to put the 18s in the jeep it may tear it apart

Also, IMO the highs are louder from far distance than the lows, so if you want to be heared 3 blocks away, it´s easier with the highs hehe; I like my highs but sometimes they are anoyying for the ears...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I have always been a fan of the extremely low end bass range that makes the entire car flex and moves serious amounts of air. The numbers just don't mean that much to me. I guess if you compete #'s is where it's at but to me most people I meet are more impressed when you can make your entire car look like it is breathing because all the panels are moving in and out from the bass.

Archived