What do you call a person like myself?

Tonedeath?

I try and try to get into car audio but I don't think it's for me. Sound quality wise that is. Every car I have been in the audio ALWAYS sounds the same to me. Now I'm not talking about subwoofers but I'm talking about mids and highs. I mean some are louder then others yes but the quality of the sound is the same to me no matter what. You can make a home made speaker from Styrofoam cups, paper clips, and tooth picks and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Was at bestbuy a few times and was sitting there for 5 minutes just clicking the speaker amp off and on. WHAT THE FUUUCCCCKKKKK?

I know what you mean. For the longest time, I never understood it either. But honestly, until you've listened to your favorite music in an SQ car, you will have no idea of the difference. Hell, just installing six components in my driver door made me hear shit I've never heard before and it is beautiful.

I'm don't install for SQ by any means, but my placement and setup has shown me quite a wider range of frequencies I've never heard before. I've sat in competition SQ cars and there's an incredible difference.

But generally, ALL cars sound exactly the same (with aftermarket parts) at first. After you do it for a while, you'll start to pick up subtle differences in the stage, reproduction, and overall range being played.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

All you were changing was the speaker amp? You weren't cycling between different speakers? Tbh the only time you will hear the difference is if you're going from REALLY shitty speakers to something good to decent or changing out the equipment in your car after getting used to what it sounds like for months or even years. That is if you're talking about only hearing the difference when you're getting samples from people.

If you go to an actual car audio shop and listen to their sound board, you'll be able to cycle through the different speakers. If you want to hear the biggest difference, listen to a really expensive smooth speaker for a few songs (something like a high line DLS, Rainbow, Focal, etc) and then half way through one song change to one of the cheap $50 pairs of coaxials. If you can't hear the difference between those two, then your ears are fucked. But look on the bright side, you can invest more money into your subs and not worry too much about how your speakers sound like.

I know what you mean. For the longest time, I never understood it either. But honestly, until you've listened to your favorite music in an SQ car, you will have no idea of the difference. Hell, just installing six components in my driver door made me hear shit I've never heard before and it is beautiful.

I'm don't install for SQ by any means, but my placement and setup has shown me quite a wider range of frequencies I've never heard before. I've sat in competition SQ cars and there's an incredible difference.

But generally, ALL cars sound exactly the same (with aftermarket parts) at first. After you do it for a while, you'll start to pick up subtle differences in the stage, reproduction, and overall range being played.

A high end SQ car is absolutely amazing. You have no idea until you've tried it. Its very different but man is it amazing.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

hey man, i didnt have a clue either. i thought my speakers sounded good and my friend thought i was retarded lol. then a big SQ guy got in my friends car and that guy said my friend's system was all fucked up lol. now that i know, i can hear it and its easier to make the improvements. its just another learning experience. go to a meca show and talk to an SQ guy. you'll develop an ear for it eventually.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.