Second Skin Audio

porting a small sealed box

well i got a small downfire box and it sounds like ass the way it is and i wanted to kno if i could get some pvc pipe and port it?

i was gunna try the polly fill shit but i unno how that will turn out

the surround on my jl took a crap and i replaced it with a powerbass 12 and the 12 sounds good freeair but in the box it sounds like ass

if i was to port it what size pipe do i get and how long do i cut it?

i gotta go to school now and i will get measurements of box later

i think they are 6'' or so deep, 18'' wide, and 14'' tall

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

run a 4" aeroport. not sure on the length. that will depend on the tuning you want

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

Do an exterior port, this will work. Use the box calculator and play with it then try. Whats the worse that can happen?

x2 external port will save on airspace but might still be a lil small. but rty it out n see what works too lol have fun with it nah meen

ya i dont thing the poly fill will work to good with how small this box is, and should i port it out the top?

and can i use pvc pipe? i aint got the money for an aero port but i can wing it with some pvc

its made out of 3/4 or 1'' mdf so its strong as shit

and how do u tune a port like this?

i was thinking bout gettin 3ft and play around with it, i was gunna leave the port the width of the pipe away from the bottom of the box when see how much it takes outside the box for it to sound good

im not worth a damn at tuning boxs, ive always been a sealed box fan for some time but this box sounds like ass, and i want to fix it

i got the box for $25 when i got a mtx 5500 1204 and it sounded ok with that but this powerbass sub sounds clean and loud outside the box but inside the box sounds like a 4'' coax with about 3times the rms on it

and the sub is 150rms 300peak, its a dvc speaker but only has one terminal, i ohmed it and it read 4.2ohm and seems to have a tight suspention too, and the amp im useing is a boss gt380 600w amp that does around 250 rms or so and when i had the amp hooked to it the sub made a wierd sound at like 1/4 gain and my dome light kept dimming with the bass so i unno if it was clipped or not, i had the sub level @ -10/80htz/-12db slope and i tryed to wire the sub to one channel and it did the same shit but my house stereo is about 400w and i had it hooked up and it never made this sound when it was free aired, and i hooked one of my mtx 5500 15's to it and it pushed it pritty good, and for some reason when i had my mtx 8000 15 in that one ported box, i had the boss amp running it but i had my second battery in and it was wangin like hell @ 1/4gain and the sub is 500rms so i dunno what is up

i got big 3, 0guage power and 0guage ground run to a dist block, 950 cranking amp battery up front, why the hell does it not like low wattage systems but with my 1000w amp it dont mind it?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Archived