Well, just realized I'm missing the auxiliary harness which controls things like progressive door unlock where the driver door will unlock first (which is how my car is currently set up), hood pin input, channel 6,5,4 output,horn honk output and factory disarm output. No hope finding one online. Is it possible to have the unit still work without the harness plugged in? (I don't have any type of factory alarm)

The more I study the installation guide the more I realize I don't even need the doorlock harness either since I would also need the auxiliary harness to make the door unlock work the way I want it to and because my car came with a key fob from the factory that has door lock/unlock and trunk release. So is it possible to run the unit without the doorlock harness and the auxiliary harness?

If yes, I would like to use one of the pins for the auxiliary that does the horn honk. If I located the correct pin coming from the unit theres no reason I cant wire as I normally would if I had the harness correct? I just check there are no ground wires in both of those harnesses.

This is starting to become a joke of an install, lol. Sucks being broke.

Look on eBay for the harness. It will bug the hell out of you if you don't have it after install. Your siren probably only has two actual wires coming off of it. A pos and a ground. There may be two wires looped together though right? These control things like the soft chirp when you arm it and such. A piezo siren could just be tapped into the main siren positve. Once the alarm goes off this just becomes a constant 12v. As for hooking up your horn. If the alarm doesn't have a horn output don't do it. Again, the siren wire is constant 12v when set off. Which will make your alarm really annoying when arming and disarming.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

And take your whole dash apart. I like alarms mounted behind the gauge cluster or under the drivers ac vent behind the dash. And being a DEI alarm it probably or should have a vibration sensor built in to the brain box. They've made their alarms like that for a few years now. If adding any sensors I would highly recommend the glass break sensor. Vibration sensors simply cause false alarms or are easy to get around when breaking into a car. Door triggers, trunk trigger, and hood trigger is also a MUST. I have all my triggers, vibration sensor, backup battery, glass break sensor,and the motion sensor. I sleep like a baby at night because of this. No false alarms and very reliable. All this takes time to get just right though

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Installed my viper alarm with no meter...just my vehicle wiring list..

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

And take your whole dash apart. I like alarms mounted behind the gauge cluster or under the drivers ac vent behind the dash. And being a DEI alarm it probably or should have a vibration sensor built in to the brain box. They've made their alarms like that for a few years now. If adding any sensors I would highly recommend the glass break sensor. Vibration sensors simply cause false alarms or are easy to get around when breaking into a car. Door triggers, trunk trigger, and hood trigger is also a MUST. I have all my triggers, vibration sensor, backup battery, glass break sensor,and the motion sensor. I sleep like a baby at night because of this. No false alarms and very reliable. All this takes time to get just right though

Thanks man, I looked all over online for that harness and no dice. The siren actually has 6 wires, one + and - which are connected to each other and 4 other black wires :unknw:

I know I'll be missing out on alot from the install but its all I can afford right now. What I was talking about with the horn is this: The auxiliary harness (which I'm missing) has a single wire that is supposed to go to the horn which I want to do so it goes off when the siren does. So theres no problem either soldering on a wire to the pin that goes to the horn?

I'll look into a glass breakage sensor. So far with what I have I can either wire up the hood or the trunk, not both. I'll probably do trunk cause that's where my equipment is... but then if I dont do hood how will I know theyre trying to disarm my alarm ahhhh!

One thing I'm a little confused about is that I only have one wire for a open door detector. So do I only rig up one door or is there somewhere in the car I'm supposed to wire it so it can detect any door. Like the dome light on top that comes on when any door is open or something else?

I've already come to terms this is going to be an extremely basic install. Honestly I'll sleep better knowing that I have some type of alarm going off if someone is trying to get into my ride. I've had my car stolen in the past and another one broken into. Starting to feel a little paranoid :peepwall:

Wish I had the guts like you! GL! haha

Team DC Audio : Team Shok : Team NWSPL Co-Founder

Head: Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

Front Stage: Morel Tempo 6.5's/ CDT 6.5's

Subs: (4) 15'' DC XL's, 15 cubes @ 38hz

Sub Amps: (2) Shok 5k's

Speaker Amp: Shok 100.4

Wiring: Shok Industries 1/0

Electrical: White Mechman 270/Adjustable Voltage/3 Shuriken BT120's/3 XS XP3000's

FPiYT.jpg?9395

The DEI siren has a pos and neg wire. Then the other 4 black wires actually come tied together. Or atleast 2 would be in a loop. This gives different affects of soft chirp and such when arming or programming. But red and black ground are all to hook up. Just hook up your hood and trunk pin together so either would set it off. And for your door trigger, you can use your dome light....does your dome light stay on after you shut your doors? If it does you need to see if the alarm has a delayed arming mode. If not you would need to wait to arm it until after your dome light goes off. But if it shuts off as you shut the doors nothing special programming wise is needed. Just tap into your dome light and your good to go.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Archived