Sonic Electronix

Looking for a new sub  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which sub is a better deal? 15 0r 18 inch models.

• AudioQue HDC3
    • T3 1000
    • DD 9500 Series
    • DC level 4
    • Sundown Nightshade

My friend is getting sick of all the losers at school buying Alpine. I told him we should blow them away with a single sub in his ride, from a brand that none of them know of. The only problem is that all of the subs I'd recommend are all ones I've never heard in person. I've narrowed it down to just a few brands, I just need to know what you think of them and what the average msrp is for them. we want either a single 15 or single 18, his current setup does 130 and he would like to see more than that with a single sub.

Audioque HDC3 - just wondering cuz I know they're priced decent.

T3 1000 - I know they're good, but how good?

DD 9500 - I see them all over, they must be doing something right.

DC Level 4 - They're everywhere, must be good.

Sundown Nightshade - I really don't know much about them.

Thanks for the help guys.

Edited by lAutruche

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

My friend is getting sick of all the losers at school buying Alpine. I told him we should blow them away with a single sub in his ride, from a brand that none of them know of. The only problem is that all of the subs I'd recommend are all ones I've never heard in person. I've narrowed it down to just a few brands, I just need to know what you think of them and what the average msrp is for them. we want either a single 15 or single 18, his current setup does 130 and he would like to see more than that with a single sub.

Audioque HDC3 - just wondering cuz I know they're priced decent.

T3 1000 - I know they're good, but how good?

DD 9500 - I see them all over, they must be doing something right.

DC Level 4 - They're everywhere, must be good.

Sundown Nightshade - I really don't know much about them.

Thanks for the help guys.

need more info like car going into and what amp is being used to power the sub? then we can help out more

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

130? um.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Yo whats wrong with Alpine? They make good shit LOL. And they have good SQ. And an 18" Fi BTL FTW! :good:

edit: with the right amp of course lol

Edited by manofthehour

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

Well, it is going to be going in a Ford explorer (SUV) and we're looking into feeding it about 1500-2000 RMS. big 3 and all necessary electrical will be done. Also I'm looking into what kind of box to build for it... I'm thinking maybe a t-line, but I know nothing about them, I normally just build badass ported boxes.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

130? um.

It's coming from 2 12"s in a neon seeing 1500. Of course it not from a TL so I can't say it's very accurate.

Yo whats wrong with Alpine? They make good shit LOL. And they have good SQ. And an 18" Fi BTL FTW! :good:edit: with the right amp of course lol

There's nothing wrong with type-r's (I actually love them, they are so easy to do a recone to or re solder the coils) but I don;t like the type-x, that and I'm just sick of it being the only thing everyone gets around here.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Yo whats wrong with Alpine? They make good shit LOL. And they have good SQ. And an 18" Fi BTL FTW! :good:

edit: with the right amp of course lol

Well an RE, an AA, or a FI are obvious choices, but I just put a BTL 15 in a car, and an SSD 12 in another car. I know a dude with an RE, and no clue about AA, but my friend wanted to go with something no one else in our small craptown has, lol. We just need to get some prices and opinions before we decide. We're not looking at an SPL machine or a hair-trick monster, we just want to bump it a bit louder than others, with ease.

Edited by lAutruche

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

It's coming from 2 12"s in a neon seeing 1500. Of course it not from a TL so I can't say it's very accurate.

There's nothing wrong with type-r's (I actually love them, they are so easy to do a recone to or re solder the coils) but I don;t like the type-x, that and I'm just sick of it being the only thing everyone gets around here.

It's only cuz it's available at Best Buy LOL. I like their HUs, but I'm a big believer in the Cadence brand, me and my friend have amps and he has the subs by them and they are comp grade and beat HARD. That's my opinion. GL with it tho! :good:

Edited by manofthehour

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

Well an RE, an AA, or a FI are obvious choices, but I just put a BTL 15 in a car, and an SSD 12 in another car. I know a dude with an RE, and no clue about AA, but my friend wanted to go with something no one else in our small craptown has, lol. We just need to get some prices and opinions before we decide. We're not looking at an SPL machine or a hair-trick monster, we just want to bump it a bit louder than others, with ease.

2 RE 12D4s + 1000 RMS will out bump a little boys alpine anyday (unless ur talkin bout alpine 15s lol) and 1000 RMS is under powering them... 1500 watts and you'll be straight. I know my set-up (in my sig) beats my friends 2 sony 12s and another friends 2 alpine 12s easy.

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

2 RE 12D4s + 1000 RMS will out bump a little boys alpine anyday (unless ur talkin bout alpine 15s lol) and 1000 RMS is under powering them... 1500 watts and you'll be straight. I know my set-up (in my sig) beats my friends 2 sony 12s and another friends 2 alpine 12s easy.

Well, I know Fi is good, I know RE is good, and I know AA is good, but we want to go with a brand that no one else has around here. We want to try something else so we know what else is a good sub to recommend to others.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick